Prologue

5:30am
London was dark out, only a faint bustling of cars and early morning commuters was heard occasionally throughout the chilly morning air. A little ways away from the streets was a particular balcony with a backlight on, there sat a figure quietly. Ambient music played as they looked out to the partial city skyline, the atmosphere was calming at this time of day. The figure reached over to grab the forgotten glass next to their chair, finishing off the amber liquid in the glass after a couple of sips and sighed, tracing over the faintest of scars that lingered on her palm. She had pulled on an old button-up and some gym shorts, ignoring the occupied covers and poured herself a drink, some half-finished lyrics were in a journal on the glass table, her throat burned a little but as expected, and just how she liked it. The wind breezed through the unbuttoned areas of the shirt, but she didn't mind. The figure readjusted her glasses and checked her phone, going through multitudes of mentions, messages and emails. So much to do, so much to say, but it didn't even matter. Not really. She was in a slight rut over the past couple of weeks, she was having a hard time thinking of some lyrics. She did what she could. And what she knew best. She sat outside, watching the snoring figure with a hint of distaste, looking at the time again. If she woke them up by six, she could get a workout in before needing to be at the studio. She had ten minutes. Sighing, the young woman rose and slipped back inside the guest room she was occupying and observed the dormant figure once more. Her hair was blonde, she had pale skin, but not her pale skin, her hair wasn't the same and she had green eyes from what the young woman remembered. It wasn't the same. They didn't laugh like her, or sound like her at all.
What had she been thinking?
After a few moments, she threw on an actual sweater and slowly pulled off the covers from the bed. The sleeping figure groaned in retaliation, grabbing for the sheets but woke up soon enough when they couldn't find the warmth again. "Oh, um. I'm sorry I stayed."
"It's alright..."
"Lila."
"Right, Lila, um...you're alright, and feel free to freshen up in there, but I do have to be going in a few." The mostly dressed woman pointed out the restroom, turning to begin grabbing her things from the half empty wardrobe to the side of the bed, her gym bag all ready to grab and go.
"Right. Of course, well, thanks...?" The blonde woman awkwardly grabbed her clothes off the floor, realizing she never got the small woman's name in the club the night before.
"Jade."