Footloose

Dear Joel,

I hope you don't mind the mess... And, oh by the way, sorry for the arrows my sister is gonna throw your way as soon as you step through the door.

"How many times have I told you to not leave your jackets laying around the house, Minnow?" Maple groaned, grabbing the blue jacket her sister had worn to school that day and practically shoving it toward the younger girl as she passed by, trying, as much as she could, to tidy up their place for once.

"Tons." Minnow admitted, her little lips tugging up into a smirk as she grabbed the jacket from Maple before throwing it again over the back of the sofa where it had been before causing her sister to stop for a second and turn around to glare at her. "But you never really care for it."

"Well, I do now." Maple rolled her eyes. "So either you wear the jacket, or you take it back to your room."

"Why?" Minnow whined, as Maple groaned, crouching down to the floor as she practically laid there to make sure none of Minnow's plastic arrows was laying underneath the couch. "You know, I don't think Joel is gonna waste his time looking underneath the sofa. And if he's any cool, he won't mind my jacket laying around."

As soon as Minnow mentioned Joel, Maple gasped, her head snapping up from the floor to turn around and look at her sister, who was standing nearby with a smirk on her lips, her arms crossed over her chest and her toy-bow resting on her back, as usual. At that reaction, Minnow laughed, prompting a blush to come up to Maple's cheeks that only got worse when she heard Clyde's laughter as well, from his place in the kitchen.

"I'm not doing this for Joel..." Maple mumbled, slowly picking herself up from the floor as she stood up to her full height again and dusted the knees of her leggings a little. "I just thought the house could use some cleaning."

"Conveniently half an hour before Joel got here?" Clyde asked, causing Maple to turn around and glare at him for once.

"You know, I said you two could stay here, but if you're gonna keep testing my limits like that, I'm gonna kick you both out." She warned, flopping herself back on the couch as Minnow smiled, climbing up on the seat beside her sister's as she shrugged, sitting over her legs so she could look at Maple properly.

"Is he cute?" She asked so bluntly Maple almost choked in her own spit.

"W-What?" She gasped, as Minnow just rolled her eyes at her sister.

"Oh, come on, Maple... If you're gonna make me clean my room for a guy, the least you could do is tell me if he's cute."

"I am not making you clean your room because of Joel." Maple protested, as Minnow groaned and waved her hand around, almost impatient.

"Whatever." She said, as Maple sighed, letting her head hang back against the couch, too used already to Minnow's little big personality. "But is he cute?"

And, for a moment, Maple considered just ignoring Minnow's question and hoping she'd eventually - and, hopefully, before Joel got there - drop the subject but, before she could even decide on what to do, her mouth was already talking for her.

"He's funny." She said, as Minnow frowned a little, but allowed her sister a moment to say what she needed to say. "He's smart. He's really talented too - his drawings are amazing. He's so romantic too... And so kind."

"That sounds like a good lad." Clyde called from the kitchen and, as much as Maple could feel her cheeks heating up again knowing he was hearing the whole conversation, for some reason, Maple found she didn't really care at the moment.

"Yeah, he's pretty great." Maple nodded, a small smile forming on her lips at the mere thought of Joel.

"Cool, but you didn't answer my question." Minnow said, causing Maple to turn her head around to frown a little at her. "Is. He. Cute?"