𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:❝︎Dead Girl Walking❞︎

CHAPTER EIGHT:
❝︎Dead Girl Walking❞︎

SHE WAS IMPATIENT TO SAY THE LEAST. Liam watched with increasing anxiety as Alaska paced back and forth. They had yet to hear back from Scott and though they knew he was trying his best, Alaska couldn't take it anymore. For the past three hours she had watched herself fade in and out of existence. She was getting more and more worried. The sound of footsteps made the two look up. Scott came back with a paper in his hands, turning it to face them and sure enough it was a poster with Alaska's face on that said 'MISSING' at the top. Alaska stepped forwards, her mouth slightly agape. She is desperately wanted to reach out and grasp onto it, but Liam did it for her.

"I saw this on Sheriff Stilinski's desk." Scott explained to them. "He's had someone on her case as soon as she went missing. She used to go to Devenford Prep. Stilinski said that her mother recently passed away. Does she remember any of this?"

Liam turned his head to look at Alaska who was looking at the poster with furrowed eyebrows. She suddenly stumbled back as flashes quickly came back to her. Her mother's funeral, her crying and holding the hand of someone―︎their face too blurry for her to make out. She remembered sitting in the cafeteria with her friends, laughing at a joke and watching the lacrosse boys cheer from having just won their recent game. Alaska blinked rapidly, swallowing thickly and trying to stop her throat from going dry at Scott's words. She hadn't remembered anything he just said until that very moment, and it made her think that there was more to unlock. She just needed to find a trigger for them.

"I remember." Alaska whispered, nodding her head. "It just came back to me. It's like he triggered my memories." Alaska paused. "I think in order to find out what happened to me, we have to find a way to trigger the memories. We have to make me remember. I need to know―︎is there anyone else that can help?" Liam could see the hope sparking back into her eyes, and it made him smile. Determination was starting to fill his veins and it was making Liam feel determined as well. He looked at Scott and nodded.

"You triggered the memories. Have you told the others?"

"Yeah." Scott nodded. "They're on their way here now. I even told my mom, and now Noah knows." He paused for a moment. "Can I talk to you in private for a moment?" Liam nodded his head and Scott lead them to another room. He closed the door and looked at Liam for a moment. "She doesn't know, does she?" Liam sighed before he shook his head. Scott nodded his head in understanding. "Good. She doesn't need that along with everything else that's going on. But if it comes to it―︎we might have to tell her."

"I know." Liam nodded his head. "I was just trying to keep her from it as much as possible." He clenched his jaw, almost angry at himself. He wished that they could find her faster. He knew that they were doing everything that they could, but he knew that Alaska was hurting and that she was scared. All he wanted to do was take her pain away. He wanted to hold her in his arms, hug her, and whisper sweet nothing and hope she believed him when he said they would find her.

Scott watched Liam for a few moments. He could see the anger that radiating throughout his face, and Scott couldn't help but feel for the beta. Scott nodded his head slightly in understanding. "You care about her, don't you?" Liam paused, surprise seeming to take over the anger as if Scott's words had broken it. The simple mention of her made his anger fizzle away as if it had never been there. Liam opened his mouth, wondering how Scott knew that. "You look at her the same way that I looked at Allison. The way that Stiles looks at Lydia."

"You make it sound like I'm in love with her." Liam mumbled.

"Would that be such a bad thing?"

"Yes. When I've just met her it is."

"You know, love at first sight's a thing." Liam gave him a look and Scott chuckled, shrugging his shoulders.

"This isn't like it was when you and Allison first met. She's a dead girl walking Scott. I can't―︎I've known her for two days. How could I possibly care about her so deeply when I've only seen the ghost of her?" It felt wrong, the words coming from his mouth. Because the truth was he did care for her. He cared for her so deeply and he was so afraid to lose her. "I mean. . . how am I already so terrified to lose her when she isn't even mine to lose."

His words made Scott smile sadly. "Because you care. And that is the best and worst personality trait to have all at the same time." He placed a reassuring hand on Liam's shoulder, nodding his head. "We're going to find her, Liam. I promise. We won't stop until we do. I'll make sure her ghost isn't the last thing of her that you see."

Liam nodded his head, forcing the best smile that he could manage though it looked more like a scowl. He trusted Scott. He trusted that Scott would stop at nothing until they found where she was. Because that's who Scott was. That's who his pack was. And it helped a lot that they had sense of smell on their side as well as the Sheriff. Now the only thought in his head was how they were going to tell Alaska about the supernatural and how he would react. With a reluctance sigh, he nodded his head and he and Scott left the room, heading back to the room where Alaska was patiently waiting for them.

 With a reluctance sigh, he nodded his head and he and Scott left the room, heading back to the room where Alaska was patiently waiting for them