𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:❝︎Optimistic❞︎

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
❝︎Optimistic❞︎

THEY WERE SLOWLY COMING BACK TO HER. The memories of when she had been alive and going to Devenford Prep flying through her mind with each passing hall she walked down. But it wasn't enough to help them understand where it was her body was. She only remembered her school, not anything outside of it. Not where she used to live, not who she used to live with, it was making her extremely frustrated and she felt like she was completely and utterly useless.

Alaska sat there on the bench, head in her hands as she closed her eyes tightly in both nausea and frustration. She could feel herself fading faster and faster. Their time was running out, and she wasn't sure she was going to be able to make it another second. But she knew that she had to try. She had to keep fighting if not for herself then for Liam who had welcomed her with open arms and was ready to do anything that he could in order to find her. Wherever the hell she was. She looked up when the sound of footsteps approached her.

Scott and Liam made their way towards her, neither of them having any luck whatsoever. They had yet to hear from Stiles, Malia, or Lydia, and all of it was simply bothering her. WHat more could they do? Sure they could keep bringing her places, hoping that she regained some of her memories. But what if it didn't work? What if she regained some memories but none of them are helpful when it comes to finding where she was. She wished that someone could just point to a map and give her directions to where to go. She wished they had just a single clue.

She knew that if they had one small clue. The barest detail even. She knew that if they had a starter point, then they would be able to figure the rest out on their own. Liam had told her stories of Scott and Stiles' adventures and how they were quick to piece things together. But they'd always had a starting point, and all they had right now was a missing poster and her old high school where she apparently no longer went. They even tried to ask the front office for her file, but apparently that was against the law, and even if it wasn't her file had been transferred to her new school which they were not allowed to share.

Obviously, they knew that she was supposed to go to Beacon Hills High School. But why would a school accept a missing girl's file? They wouldn't. They would never dare to take up that precious space in order to get more students in. Was that all she was? A couple pieces of paper that were held together simply by the thick pages of a manila folder? She refused to believe that that was all she was. She had to be more than that. She needed to be more than that. She had to have a reason to hold on to hope, and if all she was was a stupid file, then what else was there to live for? The thought made her look towards Liam again. He was her reason for going on. Why? She didn't know. He was just a boy that had offered to help. No. That's not all he was. He was a boy that offered to help even when she didn't ask for it. He was a boy that cared about her even though he didn't know who she was―︎or if she was even still alive. He was a boy that had captured her dying heart and made her feel something for the first time since she'd entered limbo.

Liam turned away from Scott, meeting Alaska's eyes and managing to send her a reassuring smile. It was the best he could do right now. He was trying not to give up―︎he refused to give up. But they were all at a loss here, and none of them knew exactly where it was to start. Alaska was running out of time, and he was scared that she was going to die because he couldn't save her.

He walked away from Scott, making his way over to the bench and sitting down beside of her. He didn't talk for a moment, glanicing up towards Scott only when his phone had started to ring causing the alpha to walk away and answer it. Liam turned his head to look back at Alaska. "How are you doing?" He asked. He knew the answer, but he thought he'd try to comfort her in some way. He couldn't really hold her, so talking was his only other option.

"I'm scared." Alaska hesitated. What kind of question was that? Was she okay? No, she wasn't. She was somewhere dying. Bleeding out most likely. And he had the audacity to ask if she was alright when he knew good and well that she wasn't? She took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she looked away from him and forced the violent thoughts away. "I'm sorry I haven't been any help. I'm trying, Liam. Really, I am. But all of the memories that come back to me are simply just memories. Unimportant memories."

Liam furrowed his eyebrows at this, a frown pulling on his lips. "Whoa. Unimportant. Alaska, the fact that you're remembering your life in general is absolutely amazing. It is very important. It may not be a direct link to a starting point, but it's your life. You deserve to remember all of the happy things in your life."

"How are you being so optimistic right now?" Her voice cracked, tears filling her eyes.

"Usually I'm not." He shrugged. "Usually I'm the one that informs everyone of all the bad things that can happen. I usually question every single thing that's thrown at me. But, when I saw you and I knew what was happening, I didn't hesitate. I won't let you die. Not if I can help it. That's why I'm being optimistic. Because we save people. And I'm going to do everything in my power to save you."

"That was Stiles." Scott's voice made them turn their heads to look at him, surprised to see a small smile on his face. "He found something."