4

"I'm home!" Anna yelled as she walked through the front door. She could hear the shower running from Zeke's bathroom as she passed through the kitchen to her room. Anna grabbed a snack and sat down in the kitchen with her homework. She put her earphones in and listened to music while working on her math assignment. She worked until Zeke came out and joined her in the kitchen.

"So how did it go?" Zeke asked, referring to Anna's first day at the new school.

"Good enough. Mo and I got invited to a party on Saturday." Anna said, putting her pencil down.

"Oh sweet, like a real party?" Zeke laughed and Anna rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, pimps and hoes. As real as it gets." Zeke's eyes lit up.

"I invented those parties, nice to see my legacy lives on." Anna laughed and shook her head but didn't say anything. She hardly thought the pimps and hoes party was a Zeke Presanti original, but she wasn't trying to burst his bubble. "So are you going to dress up like a hoe? I don't know if I can, like, morally allow that."

"I definitely do not want to be the girl that shows up to a themed party out of costume." Anna said as Zeke grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down. "Don't worry, if anybody gives me any shit I'm sure big bad Mo will rough them up for me."

"Mo? You could probably take Mo-" Zeke started while laughing, but stopped suddenly with a confused look on his face. "Wait, how did Mo get invited?"

"Oh, some kid told him he could come if he got alcohol. Mo's getting cash from him tomorrow, I assume he will need your help with that." Anna said, picking her pencil back up and looking at her homework again. Zeke snorted.

"That's epic. I have a feeling you might be the one protecting him." Zeke got up and moved to the living room to play his video game.

Anna wrapped up her homework and decided to continue sorting through some of grandma's old things. She had just finished organizing a bucket of things to sell when she heard her phone ding on her bed. She'd gotten a text from Lisa about the party. Anna saved her number in her phone and then dialed it, hoping Lisa would answer.

"Hello?" She heard Lisa's voice on the other end.

"Hey! I'm sorry, I should have asked if I could call." Anna said, mentally face-palming.

"No worries, what's up?"

"I just wanted to ask what you planned on wearing, I know it's pimps and hoes but I wasn't sure how seriously to take it..." Anna asked.

"I'm wearing this skanky black bodycon I wore for halloween last year, pretty simple, but I know plenty of girls are going, like, full streetwalker." Anna laughed as she paced her room. "I'd offer you something but you're definitely a lot smaller than me."

"No, that's okay, I'll figure something out. Thanks though." Anna said goodbye to Lisa and hung up. She went to her closet and looked at her clothes. She had a basic cropped tank top that would do the job if she just had something to go with it. She checked the time and saw she had another hour before the thrift closed. She walked out of the room and into the living room where Zeke, and now Holly, were sitting.

"Hey, I was gonna run down the street to the second hand store, do you think you could drive?" Anna asked. Holly smiled and hopped up, grabbing Zeke's hand.

"Let's go!" Holly said excitedly. Zeke looked slightly confused but obliged, grabbing his keys and following the two girls out the door.

Holly and Anna chatted as they began walking through the aisles at the thrift shop. Zeke had gone off by himself to look at the random junk at the back of the store.

"So what're we looking for?" Holly asked as she began looking through a rack of clothes.

"I'm going to a pimps and hoes party Saturday so... I'm thinking miniskirt." Anna said as she searched for the skirt rack. Holly wiggled her eyebrows at Anna and smiled devilishly.

"I see, I see." Holly said with a grin. Anna laughed and shook her head.

"Its not like that I just-" Anna stuttered. "I don't wanna be the only person dressed out of theme."

"I'm just teasing you! Here, what about this?" Holly pulled a plaid skirt from the rack. Anna was about to agree to it when something better caught her eye. She gasped and reached for it.

"This." Anna smiled looking at it. Holly threw her head back laughing.

"I'm going to have to see you try that one on." Anna smiled and headed towards the dressing room. Zeke met Holly by the dressing rooms as Anna went in.

Anna took off her sneakers and jeans and slipped the skirt on. It was perfect. It was a pleated denim mini skirt from probably 2005. It sat low, showing off her small waist, and was very short, as was popular back then. It had a pink bejeweled playboy bunny on one of the back pockets.

"I wanna see!" Holly called out. Anna opened the door and walked out, earning a clap from Holly. "Okay, you're right. That's it."

"You definitely look like a prostitute." Zeke said, his eyebrows raised. Anna smiled.

"Thank you, Zeke." Anna joked. "That is the point, so..."

"The playboy bunny really brings it together." Zeke continued. Holly smiled and elbowed him. "What? It's a good find!"

Anna laughed at him and went back in the dressing room to put her clothes back on. She paid for the skirt and they all headed back home.

----------------

A/N

This is a bit of filler and slightly shorter because I decided including all this and everything that will now be in the next chapter would be too long and I'd get too discouraged by the daunting task to do it so I split it up :) 2 updates in a day that's crazy. Also this y2k vibe Anna is giving me is everything, we love a thrift queen

TYSM for reading, big love <3