La Casa Madrigal

Not to say I did get lost in town, I actually got lost in the crowd. Maybe I should've stayed with the group to wherever they went right now, going back to them was difficult than it seemed. Wracking my brain, I guessed wherever Mirabel went.

Yeah, I guess it's weird following a stranger, but she seemed nice and fun! I never really met her before, I've only ever seen her today, not even yesterday. I've met Dolores and her brother before, I'm excited to know what her gift was.

There was a man on a donkey carrying a basket full of things, he was heading to the Madrigal residence. Probably for tonight.. "Right! Tonight's the time Antonio Madrigal gets his gift. God-" how could I forget? We even sung it, my dad even told me yesterday.

Picking up my skirt I sprinted right behind the man and his donkey, nodding to them as a greeting. "Hello, goodbye!" Passing him straight to my desired destination.

How many times have I come back to see this house, I've always stood outside watching from the outside as well. But, the doors were open, just a few miles away. The open doors felt welcoming and calling for me.

I stopped right before I could unconsciously bump into the big group of kids that were pestering, Bingo! Mirabel Madrigal. They were pressuring her to tell her gift, she was stammering with her fast words trying to get away back home.

Before I could butt in save her from the floods of curious children, a voice called out to her which came from La Casita itself.

We all fell quiet as Mirabel cringed and looked behind her to see her Abuela who looked back with a confused expression. "What are you doing?"

I herd the kids before they could jump around again, letting Mirabel explain herself. "They were just asking about the family and I-" "She was about to tell us her super awesome gift!" Pukinginang bata to-

I gently pushed the kids hand down, and held her, wiggling her in my arms as she giggled and looked back at Abuela with a big smile. "Pointing at people is disrespectful kid" "sorry miss"

Dolores, as if on cue, appeared and said "Oh, Mirabel didn't get one. Hm." She, didn't? Well that didn't mean she wasn't talented or as great as everyone else in the family. But I couldn't help but look back at her with concern.

It didn't mean she wasn't being held back because of her lack of gift. It could pressure her to the brink of depression. Maybe.

It didn't seem to bother her that much, maybe she got used to it. She held strong and reminded herself she was just as talented as everyone else in her family. She is apart of the family Madrigal.

"You didn't get a gift?" A girl chirped in disappointment. Mirabel could only stutter before she could respond, then the man from earlier walked over with the basket full of party stuff. So that's who it was for..

"Mirabel, delivery." He said with a smile, "I made you the special since you're the only Madrigal with no gift." I moved to the side a little as he planted the heavy basket in Mirabel's arm.

"I call it the 'not special, special!'. since uhh,, you have no gift!" Crude way to be helpful, but plus points for trying I guess. All mirabel could say was "thanks" with a tight smile.

"Oh, and tell Antonio goodluck. Last gift ceremony was a bummer." Really.. "Last one was yours that did- did not work." He pointed out, making the scenario more awkward than it already had been "Alright mister, I think you should be on your way, haha.."

I pushed him away, patting his back as he went straight to the Casita to help out. "Oh, hello again [Y/n]." "yes"

Helping Mirabel fix her gript on the basket, another child chirped sadly. Saying, "If I were you, I'd be really sad." Mirabel was quick to answer, almost letting go of the heavy basket she had. If I wasn't there it could've fallen and broke. "careful" "right, sorry miss [Y/n]" "[Y/n]" "uh- [Y/n]"