In The Walls

La Casa Madrigal looked sullen and cold. It wasn't filled with warm colours anymore, the walls were filled with cracks and gray.

I couldn't help but worry as I wrapped Dolores with a thick blanket, giving her everything that could be a makeshift noise cancelling for her ringing ears. My bestfriend was shaking under the blankets, hands screwed on her ears as you squeaked in pain.

I gently wrapped my arms around her covered form. Trying my best not to move or make the slightest of sound, I even held my breath for her.

Everyone's control with their gift were falling, they all were scared of what could happen next. I just couldn't handle too much of this. My bestfriend is in pain, the rest of her family's having trouble. And Mirabel.. what's gonna happen to Mirabel? I just don't want anyone else to get hurt.

Dolores shuffled in the blanket, pipping. She let out a sigh as she relaxed in her thick covers. "Is everything okay now, Doll?" I felt her nod in my embrace.

"Dyosko po, I was worried of what could happen to you." I whispered softly to her. She took out an arm under the covers and slightly hugged me back. She softly patted my forearm.

The Guzmans ran away, with a few of the Madrigals and Abuela running after them to explain. We were lucky that the rain cleared or we'll be stuck with screeching pouring rain.

Camilo will be okay, it seemed as though his gift doesn't harm him physically much. He was with his mami Pepa trying to calm her down. That was sweet of him really. He wasn't a smug trickster at all, he was just a fun and caring guy who wants to help out his family. If that was who he is.

He was fine on his own, he's strong. But his sister? Shes sensitive, even the slightest of noise could make her shatter in any heated moment.

"Where is everyone?" She said quietly, her voice was hoarse. Carefully picking up a glass of water that I've prepared before, I gently gave it to her which she took. "Everyones gonna be fine, Camilo's with Pepa and the rest are.. somewhere, I'm not sure."

I chuckled at what I said last, I just wanted to reassure her that everyone was gonna be okay. She let out a small "hm". "Are you okay now?" She only nods at my question.

We sat in relaxing silence, no other sounds but our quiet breathing. The room we were in now was a spare room that had voice canceling walls. Thick hard walls that cancelled the noises outside of the room. It was painted in various shades of yellow with white as well.

It looked like a normal room, was it another nursery or just a spare bedroom for someone who wants to stay the night? I wouldn't know.

There were minimal furniture, alot of shelves and drawers. A white empty bed on the side. The drawers were filled with multiple things, which was where I found the very thick blanket, in one basket was toys. Full of toys. Whose was it? They all looked old and untouched, the ragged dolls were dusty and dirty.

Now that I've looked closer, the walls were dusty as well. The whole room was untouched as if no one came back to this place. It was just another room from the past. Maybe.

I wonder whose room this was long time ago.

I jumped at the sound of someone opening the door, with Doll jumping as well right beside me. Antonio came in, thought stopped from further making more noise. Carefully closing the door, yet it still creaked close "sorry". Tangina, ilang taon ba yang pintong yan, it didn't even look like it's old it just creaked for no reason.

"All is fine, little tonito." I gave him a small smile, gesturing for him to come and sit with us. He complied and walked over with his little tiny feet. Little cutie. "Are you guys okay?" He sat between us, leaning into his older sister.