Chapter 3: Reunion

A/N: Thank goodness it's Sunday and thank goodness I am done with exams. (If u wanna know, I PASSED)
Anyway, here's this chapters summary: Stories are told, old friends reunite and a plan of attack is on its way.

Anne’s POV
“After we found out that Andrias was a bad guy, we had to fight him. Marcy managed to get the portal open but things went south from there. We got to the portal in time but Sasha was on the other side of the room and before Marcy could get to the portal, something bad happened… I’d rather not talk about it.” That moment still haunts me 24/7.

"Well, what happened afterwards?" Willow asked.

"The box closed and we got sent back to Earth with no way back to Amphibia. Ever since then, we’ve been trying to find a way back there. That’s basically how we got here from start to finish. But hey, we made some progress, now we know that we should look out for different dimensions that exist.” I looked at the huge poster on the wall behind us that was framed like a prized possession. It was almost exactly like the one I saw but it only had King and Eda on it. ‘Eda The Owl Lady… Reward, one trillion’ that’s a lot for just one person. I looked at Eda and pointed to the framed poster.  “So why don’t you tell me about how this happened and why you guys are the most wanted people.”

“We’re technically not criminals, more like outlaws,” Eda said.

“Doesn’t being an outlaw count as being a criminal? And isn’t being an outlaw a bit more serious than being a criminal?” Hop Pop questioned.

“Not in my book,” Eda said, pointing her thumb to her chest. “Anyway, we have this system called the coven system where if you don’t join one you immediately will be accounted as a wild witch and according to Belos, that’s “illegal”.”

It’s kinda obvious at this point why she is a criminal. “So let me guess, you're not in a coven?”

“Exactly!” She exclaimed.

“That still doesn’t explain why your bounty is literally one trillion bucks.”

“That’s mainly because I’ve been running from the law for more than 30 years and I’ve done quite a bit of illegal things during that time.” I don’t want to ask what are the things that she has done but I am tempted to know. For a most wanted criminal, Eda isn’t as bad as I thought. Normally people who aren’t best friends with following the law are red flags but Eda has a different vibe to her. Luz isn't bad at all, she's just a ball of energy ready to explode into a rainbow. To think that Hop Pop was stressing about whether or not they might kill us if they find us.

“And a few of the reasons why I'm there in 'Owl poster 2.0'…” Luz said pointing to the poster that contained her in the photo. “is because I’m associated with Eda and I may have fought the Emperor once trying to save Eda from being petrified… chipping off a piece of his mask in the process.”

“WAIT YOU WHAT!!” Amity’s head shot in Luz’s direction with a look of both shock and worry.

“And I forgot to tell you that…" Luz chuckled. "my bad.”

“So let me get this straight, you’re only criminals because you refused to follow one rule? I don’t know about you, but that’s just wrong.” I said.

“That’s what I’ve been saying my entire life but noooo, people always say “Edalyn, you have to join a coven.”, “Eda at least join the Emperor’s Coven so you can still use your magic as much as you want.”, “Eda the Emperor has the coven system for a reason.” IT’S SOO ANNOYING!” Eda ranted. I feel like their situation feels a little bit too familiar for some reason like I’ve watched a movie or read a book about the same thing with the government forcing people to join a group that separates you from other people. Then it clicked, I turned to Luz who was sitting next to me and nudged her in her side. “I don’t know about you but this whole coven system thing is giving me major Divergent vibes. Literally the whole thing of “Once you reach a certain age you need to pick a group and once you’re in, you are forced to stay in that group your entire life.”