Part 13

"Alright we'll see you guys in a sec." We say. My students leave off to the stage and we sit in the seats of the auditorium.

Groupe dance awards (for their age groupe) are right now. I sit in my seat excited yet anxious.

The announcer goes on stage. "Wow, another great year, am I right!" He starts. "Can we get a round of applause for these amazing, hard working dancers." Everybody claps and cheers. "Yes awesome! Okay let's get right to it-"

He starts naming the categories, I don't really pay attention until-

"Okay now : lyrical and contemporary category-" my students took each other's hands. I took Akaashi's hand and kuroo's. "In 3rd place, number 21 from Shygoriam dance school." I tightened my grip, so did Akaashi. "I'm second place, number 45 from Seijoh dance school-" we gasped.

That means-

"And 1st place, number 42 from kozume dance school!" We all jumped from our seats and yelled. "YESSSSSSS!!!! ALRIGHT!!!!"

We cheered and clapped.

I'm so damn proud of them! I knew they could win! They went on stage. "Who are you representing?" The announcer asked.

"Kozume dance school!" Katashi said in the mic.

"And who's your teacher?"

"Kozume Kenma!" He answered proudly.

"Wohooooooo!" I yelled!"

Everybody left the stage and we went to join them. "YESSSSSSS GUYS I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!" I gave them a groupe hug.

"Ohmygodyouguysweteamazingicantbelieveitnoactuallyicanbecauseiknewyouwoulswinbutstill!" I mumbled so happy.

"Okay next is trios and duets." Aunt Miya said. We nodded.

Me, Akaashi, Haruki, Emi and Aiko all went to the stage.

Shoyo and his teammates got 1st in lyrical and contemporary. I was so happy for him, he deserves it.

Next, our trio got 1st in tricks and breakdancing. And me and Akaashi got second in Hip-hop and funk.

Even though we got second we were still very happy because the team that won 1st was really good.

Next was time for the solo awards.

"In 3rd place, Terushima Yuji from Johzenji Dance studio." I tensed up.

"In second..." I closed my eyes and took a sharp breath. "Oikawa Toru from Seijoh dance school."

My eyes shot open and my breath hitched.

That's means-

"And 1st place... Kozume Kenma from Kozume dance school!" My stomach turned and tears pricked at my eyes.

I went over to the announcer and took the trophy.

"Good job, you deserve it." Oikawa whispered to me. "You did great too." I replied. He smiled and took my hand and lifted our arms in the air.

Both smiling, we took a moment to breathe in the sheer joy of even winning a prize at all.

.........................................................................

-next day-

"I competed, I did the choreography you asked me to do a few years ago." I say with a small smile. "I won first. I hope you're proud of me." My tears well up. "I really miss you, and wish you could've been there." I start crying. I compose myself to add something."Thank you mom... for making me dance. I love you." I whisper and kiss her grave before walking away.

————————END—————————
__________________________

Hey 👋 Author here!

14270 words!

All done! Wow. I really had a lot of fun with this story. It hit close to home and I hope you guys liked it.

I really appreciate if you read till here and voted and commented! I truly love you guys! <3

Well, till next time! Bye! ✨💕