3

Lena's POV

I didn't know when, but I fell asleep on the most comfy surface I've ever been on. I felt strong arms gently laying me there, but I was way too tired to even move, so I let them be. I knew for sure that whoever was holding me wasn't bad, or at least didn't seem bad, I mean, I didn't think there could be someone worse than my own pack. Plus, if they had found me, they would had killed me as soon as they could.

It was when I felt the sun in my face that I started to wake up, examining the room and trying to remember where I was. Was I in my house? No, that couldn't be, I've never been there before, but I did remember escaping and... What if someone found me and was waiting for me to wake up, so that my parents could finally have a little "talk" with me?

As I sat up, I felt my eyes burn and I suddenly started crying at all of this. Someone for sure was going to be mad at me, I knew I shouldn't had left and that maybe, if I didn't defend myself, my father would be nicer when he hit me. But no, I just ran away.

Seeing two random people in the room, made me cry even harder, my hands clutching Charles tight as I knew they were both Alphas, their appearances being so stern it made me feel more scared.

"Hey, sweetie, don't cry. I promise we won't hurt you" the woman said to me, carefully approaching the bed. I calmed down a little at her words, but my cries didn't stop there, making the Alpha look at me with worry in her eyes. No, I must had been wrong. No one had ever looked at me like that.

"There you go, deep breaths" she continued, and I obeyed her. After all, panicking like this was to no use. "My name's Chiara, and he's Nathaniel. Can you tell us your name, baby?"

"I-I'm Lena"

Chiara smiled, showing her pearly white teeth. I wasn't too scared now, but what was I doing there? She told me my name was pretty, but I was too busy thinking about everything else.

"Remember what happened last night?" The other Alpha, Nathaniel, said softly to me but I tilted my head, as my little space was too young the night before, so it was hard to remember what happened. "You were escaping, and you told me that you didn't want to go back to your house"

"I-I'm sorry! Please don't get mad at me, I'll go back!" I cried, hopefully they wouldn't kill me if I did as they said.

"Shh, I said we wouldn't hurt you a few moments ago, didn't I?" Chiara said, "I promise. But... did someone hurt you, Lena?"

Nodding my head, I watched as they both exchanged looks.

"Your pack?"

"Uh-huh. They say I'm a failure because I was born an Omega, and that they won't be powerful because of me... So they always yell and hit me"

Nathaniel was starting to intimidate me, his brown eyes suddenly turning dark at my comment. Had I said something wrong? They asked, and I was telling the truth. This time, he approached me next to Chiara and I unconsciously hugged Charles tighter, which made the Alpha soften his expression.

"You're from the Lamia pack, aren't you, little one?" Ah, that nickname again, it made me feel so small. I nodded my head, and watched as Chiara gave him a confused look "I can't believe it... hey, princess, would you like to stay here, with us?"

"B-but..." I pouted, my lips involuntarily trembling at the fear of my family finding out where I am "they'll get mad, a-and then they'll hit me, and-"

"We won't let that happen. Ever"

"Pinky promise?" I asked, both frowning in confusion. I held out my pinky and they seemed to understand, and Nathaniel let out a soft chuckle, but intertwining my finger, too.

They gave me a fuzzy feeling, maybe the feeling of being loved and protected, and I didn't even know them, unlike my own family.

I felt his muscular arms effortlessly pick me up from bed again, and I didn't mind. If anything, I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck, in case he would drop me for some reason.

What was I doing being this clingy to him? I'd just met him, but my wolf trusted him too much already, or, at least, thought of how safe and comfy he was. Chiara didn't come with us, as she went to somewhere else after exchanging some words with Nat.

The Alpha took me somewhere else, my eyes couldn't help but scan the whole house, and it was huge. I mean, I knew I lived in a big house, but this was like a mansion, probably for the whole Moon Valley pack. Their decorations were mostly black and gold, but it was too pretty and I instantly fell in love at it.

We got into a bathroom, and I confusedly looked at him. The bathtub was already filled, and I got excited at the bubbles they had put in there.

"You need to take a bath, and then I'll give you breakfast, yeah?"

"But my clothes..."

"I'll bring you one of my t-shirts, what do you say?"

"Yes, please!" I excitedly said, hearing a chuckle from him. I really wanted to wear one of his t-shirts now, specially since he was too tall and big compared to me, so it would be funny.

I struggled to take off my clothes in little space, so I was getting nervous. What if he came back at seeing me like that, and told me how useless I was? When he came in, Nat didn't say anything. He simply put the new clothes aside and crouched in front of me.

"Mind if I help you?" He asked, but he was already helping me out of my clothes.

"Thank you" I said once he gently laid me on the bathtub.

"Such a polite little wolf, aren't you? Look, Chiara put some toys for you to play while I bath you"

Ah, yes, I hadn't seen them. There were many ducks, whales and other toys in the water, but I wasn't sure what to do with them. On the other hand, I didn't want Nat to get angry at me, so I hesitantly took one and squished it, water coming out from its mouth.

My laughing made him chuckle, for some reason, because usually they'd tell me to shut up or something. His hands were too gentle, rubbing my scalp so softly it was making me feel sleepy again, even if I was playing. He must had noticed, so he tried to make a conversation.

"Those are all yours now. What are you gonna call that one, baby?"

"Uhm... Duck!"

"That's a good name" Nat smiled.

After he finished bathing me, he rinsed off my hair and helped me out of the tub, wrapping my body in a fuzzy towel. The clothes he had picked for me were as big as I thought, but it didn't matter. I was happy to wear something of him.

"You'll probably see someone you don't know downstairs, but you don't need to be scared, yeah?" He said, my anxiety kicking in again. I had totally forgotten that, of course, there were other people in this house. "Don't worry, they'll love you little one"

And, just like that and after drying my hair, the Alpha brushed my hair so nicely that I thought he had plenty experience with this. He decided to tie my hair up into a ponytail for now, and I just let him be, because I liked the way he stroked my hair.