5

Lena spent most of the day playing with her new toy and talking to Luke and Andrew, who were currently taking care of her while Nate left, promising to be back in less than an hour.

Thankfully, she trusted both betas enough to play for a few minutes with them. They were funny, even when they playfully fought each other.

"No," Lena giggled, "Charles isn't supposed to talk like that!"

"That's what I said!" Luke agreed, "elephants don't have that kind of accent, Drew"

Andrew rolled his eyes at him and continued to play with the 'little wolf' until she started yawning and rubbing her eyes, tiredness already showing in her small face.

So that's when both betas shared a look, before Andrew picked her up. He thought she would protest at that, because she was having fun, but Lena simply laid her head on his chest. The man thought of how of a good girl she was, since she barely threw any tantrums, but oh well... That was probably because she was new in there.
However, she didn't want to close her eyes.

"A little tired, aren't we?"

"Nu-uh" she answered, which made him chuckle. "Don't wan' sleep"

"Why is that, precious?" Andrew asked from behind, picking up the toys off the floor.

Lena didn't want to be rude by keeping silent, but was too shy to tell them the reason. What if they got mad at her? Or if they got annoyed because she decided not to speak? That used to happen a lot before, and it surely wasn't nice.

Luke noticed her expression change and suddenly got the idea, maybe at the same time as his best friend.

"Do you want Nate to put you down for a nap?" He asked, gaining an quick nod from the little girl in his arms.

"I'll call him" Andrew said, and with that, in just a few minutes he came back with the Alpha, who finished whatever he was doing (which, by the way, was important but he found Lena more important).

At that point, her eyes were closing but she would shake her head a little to keep herself awake so that she could wait for Nate. It wasn't long before Luke gave her to him and he immediately held her close to him.

"Hey baby" Nathaniel said, rocking her from side to side.

"Hi Daddy" Lena accidentally said, making her instantly freeze in her spot. Well, damn.

"What did you say, love?"

Both Luke and Andrew exchanged looks and slowly left the room, as the Alpha made a hand gesture to them.

Lena, on the other hand, quickly started crying at that. How could she be so stupid? To her, Nate was definitely going to hate her now, but it wasn't her fault. She had always wanted to call her Alphas 'daddy', but she never could for obvious reasons, so it just came out naturally.

She was now sobbing, rubbing her tired eyes and saying sorry to him.

"Lena, baby, it's okay. Shhh, I'm not mad" he insisted.

"I'm sorry"

"You don't need to be sorry, I promise. I like that you called me Daddy" he promised, still rubbing circles on her back.

Lena sniffed, unsure of his answer.

"Not mad?"

"Never, love. It makes me so happy when you call me like that"

She simply nodded, sniffing as she was way calmer now. If Lena was tired before, now she was about to fall asleep from all that crying and surprise, so she decided to lay her head on the Alpha's chest. Nate sighed and took a seat in the sofa next to them as he started stroking her hear softly, to which Lena fell asleep in a matter of seconds.