Chapter Five - ...What have we made??

Hanging out with Licorice was something refreshing. He was the nail in the coffin, the final piece of the puzzle that was what was missing from their little ragtag group. Gumball knew that the day he walked up to him they would be unstoppable!

Every day they meet up at lunch, and on Wednesdays, they all go and hang out at his place, which was great too once Shroomie started coming along, as it gave somebody for Onion to play with when he had to take care of his sibling. Then, every other week they go to the market and then back to Pancakes house, which was HUGE since his parents are rich.

everything was perfect.

One complaint though. Licorice, in the time he had known him, had proven again and again that if someone thought he couldn't do something he would prove them wrong like it was an offence for him to not be able to do something. For example, a few days after he had officially joined him Pancake and Cherry, someone made an offhand comment about how he would surely be caught messing with Mister Madilane's speech in the auditorium next class.

They were wrong. All living hell broke loose when lost bluebirds started piling up presents on the stage, laughter ringing out as the republican warrior struggled to keep professional. Nobody cared that their wishes got put to waste, as it resulted in the talk of the town. The best part was nobody knew who did it as a spell was used to cover their tracks and pancake had a good story to share about his dad. Needless to say, he won that bet.

The second time was when pancake met Shroomie for the first time. Of course, they all think the ten-year-old is odd, but he had the mind not to say a damn word. Cherry just played with the little guy, happy as a clam. Pancake just looked between the two and their "guardian," the infamous Dark Choco asked an odd (but reasonable) question.

"Why isn't your little brother an emo yet???"

Two days later, the kid went to school with a full face of makeup, all black clothes, chains and on top of that was matching with Licorice. He claims that Shroomie designed the outfits though Gumball didn't believe him.

Gumball sat in the second row to the front as their homeroom teacher Mr.Expresso announced something to the class. Gum wasn't keeping track, mostly because he was already aware of what it was. The school talent show. Every year the most amazing acts were up on stage in the auditorium, and he hated it ever since he was up on stage as a freshman. It had been a disaster frankly. The paint he was gonna use had spilled before his act had really begun and had gotten on the front row and the judges. Gumball had been booed off stage before he even started.

Almost as soon as the lunch bell rang he swore he saw Licorice teleport to his side with how fast he moved. His friend was buzzing with excitement. He grabbed his arm, dragging him down the hall. "Come on!! I have the best idea for the talent show!!"

Full stop.

"Wh-what??"

No. no no no. I'm not going on that damn stage again.

...but would I do it for my friends?