𝐼𝑛𝑣𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 - 2

Another day of school, Thought Ray. He was always there pretty early since he had to leave with his mom, who was a teacher. Sure, he had the option to walk, but he didn't want to. 

"It's too early in the damn morning to walk to school!" He whines whenever his mom told him to just walk; which was also due to his complaining.

"Are we working on the project today in class, mom?"

"Yes, but I may have to change the due date. Everyone has finals for their other classes and I wouldn't like to be a burden to my students."

"I'm sure your final is the best out of other teachers'. Keep the due date the same, it's a partner project and we're in AP English, we'll be fine."

"Thank you, Ray."

"You're welcome. Can I have money for the cafe after school?"

She gave him the look.

"Please?"

Isabella pulled out her wallet and gave Ray a hundred dollar bill. "Take care of that, it's for the rest of this week and next week. Until then, you can't ask for money."

That's fine, thought Ray. I usually only get a coffee anyway.

"Thank you, mom. I love you."

"I love you too."

They both got into the car and Isabella drove to the high school she worked at. As soon as they got there, Isabella parked in the staff parking and got out. She left the keys and Ray in the car, and went off to her classroom. Ray got himself comfortable in the reclining passenger seat and started to use his phone.

I got a text Ray realized.

Unknown Number

UN: Good morning, Ray. This is Norman, just in case you haven't added my number to your contacts. :)

oh hey norman :Ray
hows it going :Ray

UN: So far, my morning has been great! I hope you have had an amazing morning! :D

yeah my mornings been good thanks :Ray

UN: That is great to hear. Oh, and, what time do you go to school? I am sorry if it sounds a bit creepy for me to ask, but I am asking for the project!

its fine and dont worry about sounding creepy ik ur not a creep lmao :Ray
and im already at school :Ray

UN: It is a little early to be at school, are you sure?

why would i lie about that 😑 :Ray
i dont even wanna be here lmao :Ray

______

Ray figured it was a bit weird to keep Norman as 'Unknown Number', when he actually knew who the person on the other side of the screen was. So he added Norman as a contact named him '🤓'.

🤓

🤓: I am on my way to school! Maybe we can get a bit of extra work done before school! :D

isnt it a little early to be at school- :Ray

🤓: Yes, but I would like for us to have the best grade in the class. So we need all the time we can get!

well get the best grade anyway :Ray

🤓: I am here. :)

cool, im in the parking lot: Ray

Ray hops out of his mother's car. He closes the car door and looks around the parking lot. In the distance, he could see Norman, sporting his usual preppy attire with his light blue backpack. Ray heads toward Norman with a smirky-grin on his face.

"Good morning, Ray!" Norman's white smile shines brighter than the sun.

Ray caught himself before he accidentally spoke to Norman. And nods his head. There was a reason why Ray disliked speaking at school. His mother was always curious of the reason, but to this day, she doesn't know why her oh-so-talkative son, dislikes speaking at school.

The only people who do know are his cafe friends.

The reason for his silence is simply so that he won't get distracted by school friends. He figured that having no school friends at all would make sure he was never distracted in his current place of work.

"We should start working on the project now!" Norman announced, Ray nodding his head once again.

Just like in the classroom, he opened a document app on his school laptop to be able to communicate with Norman.

Although the pair only had an hour of time before class started, they got all the research for their project finished. Not only that, but they also formatted their presentation completely.

They didn't have to split when it was time to go to class though. They had every single class together.

About to walk into the classroom, and-

"Norman!" A springy ginger girl popped up before them. Ray looked at Norman with a look of judgement. Like a 'you're friends with her' type of look. Norman shook it off.

"Hello, sweetheart!" Norman flashed a grin, separating from Ray to give the girl a kiss. Ray cringed, looking away. Of course a preppy guy got a preppy girl. Although someone Ray would expect Norman to be with would be their underclassman, Anna. Although he already had his eyes on her. Her pretty blonde braids and bright blue eyes. Ray often found himself hypnotized.

"What are you daydreaming about, Ray?" Norman chuckled.

"Hm?" Ray snapped out of his thoughts. He shook his head.

"Heh- you're funny."

What Ray wanted to say was 'I didn't even do anything for you to think I'm funny', but he couldn't say that. He couldn't say anything. He signaled for Norman to come into the classroom with his since the bell would ring soon. So they both entered the classroom and split to go to their seats.

Weirdly, and quite randomly, Norman and Ray would make eye contact and Norman would flash a bright smile while ray just stared awkwardly. At one point, the teacher asked if there was something they wanted to share with the class, to which Ray answered by shaking his head and becoming red in the face.

🤓

🤓: I am sorry if it is weird that we keep making eye contact.

its fine: Ray

🤓: Hey, so, where and when would you like to finish the project?

we can try to finish it later at my house-?: Ray

🤓: Okay, then may I have your address?

sure why not (insert address): Ray