𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑂𝑓𝑓, 𝐷𝑎𝑑 - 3

Tw: Some kind of break down and self harm

During sixth period, Norman and Ray hardly got any work done. Even though Ray was conversating through a computer, the two still had a lot of fun.

"So, Ray?"

"Hm?"

"Are we still on for later today?"

Ray tilted his head in confusion.

"For the project-"

Ray nods. It was challenging to not speak for once.

Ray put on an old rock record to ease the tense background and the tension building in his head.

He told himself he wouldn't make any friends, yet he was really hitting it off with Norman.

It was bad.

His eyes held a wide stance and his mouth curled into a frown. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't just tell Norman to back off.

He threaded his fingers through his own hair and pulled as his thoughts spun in his head like a children's carousel. He didn't let tears well his eyes although he wanted to. He didn't want to concern his mother; because he knew that if he cried, it wouldn't be pretty, nor would it be quiet.

He tugged hard enough to rip out some of his hair. It wasn't a lot, just a few strands. He then repeatedly banged his hands against his head until he had a headache. His eyes watered from the stinging sensation in his burning head.

Why? The voices repeated in his head.

After a while, Ray calmed down as much as he possibly could. He slowly set himself down on the floor and placed his hands on him stomach as his favorite song started to play. Rebel Yell by Billy Idol.

A smile appeared through his watery eyes.

-

Norman got out of his school clothing and changed into the clothing he usually wore to just be at home. It was less dressy. But. Not exactly a lounge type style.

Just a plain white button up and some light blue trousers.

It was sloppy to Norman since the top two buttons were undone. He plopped himself on his daybed and let out a prolonged sigh. He takes out his phone and opens his messages, pressing the contact titled, 'Emma <3'.

Emma <3

Hello, my love! :Norman!!!!!!

Emma <3: HIIII NORMANNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emma <3: Sorry, was that too much???😅

Not at all!: Norman!!!!!!
I am so sorry, Emma, but I forgot I already made plans for today.: Norman!!!!!!
Would you mind if we rescheduled our date for another day?: Norman!!!!!!

Emma <3: Not at all!!!! As long as it happens😄

It will, I promise, love <3: Norman!!!!!!

Norman began getting into more formal clothing that way he could actually go out. He got his navy blue crossbody bag and filled it with stuff he needed for the project. He let put another sigh and rushed downstairs.

"Heading off, dad!" He said quickly before rushing to the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Asked the clearly frustrated Peter Ratri, Norman's father. "If you're planning on going out with that ginger girl, you better get back to your room."

"Actually, dad, I was leaving to work on my final. It's a partner project and my frie- um- partner invited me to his house so we can finish the project."

"Then you may go. Text me when you get there and remember.."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

"Be back by midnight." They said in unison.

"Alright, bye dad. I'll see you later." Norman smiled at his father, his father nodding back to him.

Norman headed out of the door and began walking to the address Ray gave him.

The night was cold and rainy. Norman had an umbrella and his raincoat. He knew he was going to get sick, but he didn't care. The rain was very captivating to him. He let his dress shoes tread through small puddles as he looked past the sky. A smile stuck to a face while he passed the street he had to be at. He snapped out of his trance when he stepped into a huge puddle. He looked around to see he was a bit passed the address Ray gave him.

"Shit." He coughed under his breath.

He turned around and started walking, this time he actually payed attention to the addresses. He went through the open fence of the house he was supposed to be at. He knocked at the door, to which his English teacher answered. Also known as, Ray's mother.

"Hello, Ms. Isabella. Is Ray home?"

"Yes, he is. I suppose you two are going to work on the project?"

"If that is alright with you, of course."

"Of course it is."

Isabella let's Norman into the near home. He looks around. The home was definitely smaller than his own, but it was nice and stable. A sign of the middle class condition of their home.

"You have a beautiful home, Ms. Isabella. I'd compliment your decor, but no words would be able to explain your exquisite taste."

"The flattery is too much, really, Norman." The woman chuckled. "Would you like to get started on that project already? That way I can show you to Ray's room."

"I would love to start the project. Could you show me to Ray's room, if it's not too much of a problem."

"Of course it's not." Isabella smiled. Norman really knew how to make someone's day better.

Isabella and Norman had a small conversation on their way upstairs. Eventually, they got to Ray's room. Isabella lied her hand on Normans shoulder. She spoke again.

"I sincerely apologize for Ray's lack of communication. I don't know why he isn't verbal."

"It's not problem at all, Ms. Isabella!" Norman reassured. "I enjoy his company whether he speaks or not!" He chirped.

Isabella's smile grew. Her son never has any friends and she didn't know why. She enjoyed the fact that her son was starting to make friends. She then walks away with a smile.

Norman inhales. Then exhales. And he lied his fist on the door before knocking.

No answer..?

He knocked once more.

Again, no answer.

He decided to just open the door.