Chapter XII: Shall we begin the game?

"You start playing with fire and you fall in love with it in the middle of the ignition". -Benjamin Griss.

Although my whole body recognizes and flatters this man with his mere essence, I'll give my emotions' control over my brain's left hemisphere.

My eyes instinctively start scanning his torso, and then stops at his magnetic amber eyes. I'm stunned for a few seconds, letting myself be carried away by his intoxicating presence...but then, I remember that is the very same man who made me look like a simple doll who is thrown away without any remorse when a little issue is spotted.

I show myself with seriousness to him. My mission is to make sure he doesn't notice any hint of weakness in me, so I give him one of those aggressive looks that we all give to an enemy just to defy him.

Without any sound coming from my lips, I decide to pass by him, but it's in that moment when Ethan takes me by my arm to stop me.

I'm unable to say anything, his face gets close to my neck in just a few seconds to whisper sweetly something in my ear:

━Gorgeous, instead of intimidating me, you're inciting me to make you mine right now -he exclaims in a deep and seductive voice tone.

Feeling his breathing so close to my nape unbalances me, troubles me, disrupts me...Every word from his mouth is sending me thousands of electric shocks under my belly.

That's enough, Kailey!

Bewildered and outraged, I try to make my pride prevail when I answer with a slap in his face. But I simply cannot, I feel my entire body disintegrating because of him.

What this man told me has completely altered me, and I can't hide it...no matter if this looks like a bad taste joke from him. He has just proven his power in driving me crazy.

Ethan releases my arm as he gets far from me, showing at the same time the perfect curve of victory drawn in his lips. He leaves me there, paralyzed, speechless, as he follows his path to enter Mr. Evans' office.

I take a few seconds to regain my composure and, even though my shaky legs weren't helping me that much, I walk to my cubicle trying to hide the previous scene's effects.

I look at my monitor for a few minutes, I need to work, but it's impossible to have my mind lucid with this infernal heat running down my body.

I need air, I need space, I need some minutes of peace. So, I decide to walk through the exit of the building to take a breath of fresh air.

There was Mozart outside, just in front of the big exit. He's talking to other of Ethan's thugs, and next to them there's a black Panamera Porsche.

I approach to them just to say my new friend hi, who smiles when he sees me.

━Hey, Mozart! How is the favorite rapper of New York's streets? -I exclaim, in a playful tone.

━Hey there, Little Fierce! Everything's fine! -he answers in a mocking tone.

This must be a joke. "Little Fierce?

Mozart laughs out loud with his partner.

━It wasn't my idea, the one who really nicknamed you like this was him -he points to his partner with a poke on his right shoulder.

The other guy paralyzes for a few seconds. Surprised by his friend's accusation, he stops laughing instantly.

━Come on, Freckles! This lady won't bite you...I think so. -Mozart says in a mocking tone-I officially introduce you. Freckles... Little Fier...