Chapter 4

After I started becoming friends with Simon we started hanging out every now and then. We studied together, went on walks in the gardens or did other stuff. In the beginning we hung out a lot, but lately it's becoming less and less. That has nothing to do with how our friendship is going, but with school.. The first important tests are in two weeks so we decided to give studying a higher priority than hanging out.

I've been studying my butt off and yet I still can't seem to get it in my head. It's so frustrating. I've done everything I'd normally do for a test, but I still don't know it. I understand it all but I don't know it and that's a bit of a problem. But oh well I'll just keep trying to get it in. I mean I still have two weeks left so if I just spend all my afternoons studying I should be fine. And then in the evenings I can relax! Or at least try to not get eaten alive by the stress lol.

--------------------

Today is the night before the tests will start. And I can't sleep. Not that that surprises me of course, but it's still annoying. So I guess I'll just scroll through my phone until I almost fall asleep so I can sleep in peace. And I mean I deserve being on my phone, cause I've been studying a lot. Not that I haven't gotten distracted half of the time, but we don't talk about that.

I ended up falling asleep at 2am which was quite okay. I mean it could've been later. But it still caused for me to not hear my alarm. So at 8am I woke up from someone banging on my door and calling my name. "Y/n! Y/n! Wake up bro! We have a test in 15 minutes and you're stil in bed!" I jumped out of my bed when I heard that and all the stress of yesterday came rushing back to me. I walked to the door to see who had woken me up.

When I opened the door I saw that it was Simon. I don't know why I didn't realise it was him. It's not like I've talked to anyone else around here so yeah. He immediately barges in and starts pulling some decent clothes out of my closet for me to wear and pushes me into my bathroom. He says "You have 5 minutes to put this on, brush your teeth and do your hair! So no time to waste!" I did as he said, but it did end up taking me 8 minutes.

When I came out I saw Simon sitting on my bed observing my room. Then I realise he has never been in here before. It just seemed too personal to show him my room. I started turning red because I saw the messy state my room was in and said "Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't know you'd come by so I didn't clean it." "Well I didn't exactly expect you to sleep through your alarm either." he said laughing as he added "But it's fine. I don't even know why you'd call this messy. If my room would look like this it'd be clean as fuck." "Oh." I said. I didn't know what else to say so it was silent for a bit. But then I remembered the test so I said "Shit how long do we have left before the test starts?" He looked at his phone and answered "2 minutes!" So we ran out of my room towards the classrooms.

Luckily we both knew where we had to go to so we ended up arriving just in time. We did have to sit at the front row, but I didn't mind. I was already happy we weren't too late. If we would've been too late that wouldn't have been good, especially since it's our first test. But we were on time so everything's fine.

--------------------

The test went quite okay surprisingly! I answered every question and I only had one question I didn't understand. I'm relieved because I expected a lot worse.

I asked Simon "How did it go?" "I think it went quite okay! Especially since I didn't really study that hard" he answered. "Oh that's great then indeed! Well I'm gonna go grab some breakfast before I start studying again. Do you wanna join me?" I said. "Yeah, sounds good!" he answered. So we went to the cafeteria and grabbed some of the leftover breakfast stuff. Then we went outside and went for a walk in the gardens. We talked and ate out breakfast. It was really nice to talk again. We'd both been caught up in studying so it was nice to do this again for a change.

After our walk we walked back inside and both went to our rooms. I was planning on studying, but then I saw my laptop so decided to watch 1 episode of my serie. But as you could guess 1 episode turns into another one and another one. So before I knew it it was dinner time already and I still hadn't done anything. Somehow that stressed the hell out of me, but at the same time I couldn't give a shit. And well that's confusing, but oh well I'll just study after dinner. So I went to dinner and sat down at the edge of the table to eat my food in peace.

After dinner I decided to really study and I did! I'm not sure how I got myself to do it but I did. And then it was time to go to bed again. I did set 5 alarms instead of 2 for tomorrow to make sure I wasn't going to sleep through it again.

A/N: I'm sorry I know this is quite a boring chapter but trust the process. Next chapter will be a bit more entertaining I think, but I just want to take my time and not rush through the storyline I've thought off. I want it to a bit realistic too you know. So that's it! I'll update again soonn