Chapter One

(It is important to me to know what everybody thinks! This is a new type of story for me and I want to make sure I represent everything accurately! So please, feel free to pm me if needed. If something seems off or inaccurate or maybe you have ideas, pm me to let me know)

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

Asa had to chant to himself repeatedly as he sat in the corner of his office. His knees were tucked carefully to his chest, one arm wrapped around them to hold them while his other brought his thumb to his lips to suck on. He could not care if he wrinkled his suit for work or if any of his coworkers passed by. He could hear the sound of thunder ringing through the sky. The lights of his work had gone out with the storm passing through.

His body trembled as another loud clash echoed and his tears slid from his eyes. He was terrified of the thunder, and he struggled to keep himself in control, though he was barely managing that. He was already rocking back and forth with his eyes shut tight. He sniffled in an attempt to keep himself quiet; he could not let his coworkers know he was losing himself. None of his coworkers were aware of his other side, his little side which was much more prevalent when he was afraid. Typically, nothing happened at work that might cause it, yet the thunderstorm had knocked the lights out and loud, crashing thunder followed. He desperately wished he had his noonie or his blankie to hold to his chest as a comfort. Except it was at home, being washed so he could have it when he made it back. He had not anticipated needing it at work.

As he cried, he was unaware of his boss who was steadily making his way through the building to check each worker.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Everest clicked his tongue as he made his way through the building with the phone of his light. He stopped at each office, checking on the workers. Most of them had their phones or a flashlight to see with. He made sure to inform them that they would be going home if the lights were not back on within the next fifteen minutes. While he was sure the owner would not appreciate it, he had to make a decision as the executive director. It was not as though anybody could get work done with zero electricity. On top of that, the day was nearly over. He would not make his workers suffer in the cold, especially when it was freezing outside. The weather had not called for snow or frost, but he would be keeping a close eye on it.

A heavy sigh left his lips as he came to one of the last offices, knocking on the door. He recognized it as Asa's office, one of his newer employees that he had hired only a few weeks ago. The boy had a nice resume and presented himself well at the interview, though he was a bit shy if anything. His blue eyes seemed wide and innocent anytime he spoke to him, and his hair was a light blonde in color, carefully trimmed from his face. The boy was a sharp contrast to his own features with silver eyes and black hair, often slicked back when he was out work.

There was no answer at the door, taking him by surprise. He knocked once more before twisting the knob. His brows pinched together at the empty room, his flashlight scanning before he noticed the figure huddled in a corner. The sight was a surprise and he quickly slipped into the room before shutting the door behind him.

"Asa?" He approached, crouching down in front of him. He was surprised to see the male had his thumb in his mouth with tears in his eyes. He did not even seem to notice Everest until he reached out to brush the blonde hair from his eyes. The male jerked back with a startled noise, and he held his hands up immediately.
"Hey, it is okay. What is wrong?"

"S-Scared. I-I scared-" He was surprised by the male's hiccup and stutter, studying him carefully. He hesitated before moving closer to him.

"You are scared?" He repeated quietly, receiving an immediate nod as the male returned to sucking on his thumb. To most, it would be an odd sight. However, Everest was not bothered by it; he had a few littles in the past who had done the same to comfort themselves. Though it was odd to think of Asa as a little. His eyes softened as he studied him, taking in his huddled position, his tears, and the thumb in his mouth. He did look like a person in their little mind state.
"Why are you scared?"