Chapter Two

(Everybody, please let me know your thoughts! I want to make sure everything is represented appropriately!)

It was odd staying to care for somebody again. Everest had not had a little in over a year, though he frequently was around them with his friends. It was odd for one of his workers to be a little, however. Asa was his newest worker and he had never expected to find himself in the male's home, caring for him while he slept curled up with a blankie and stuffed animal.

With a quiet sigh, Everest stood and made his way into the kitchen. It was early, but he did not have work for a little while. Perhaps he could do something to help make Asa more comfortable after what had happened the previous day. He eyed the kitchen he entered, studying the different foods. There were a variety of different things which surprised him. While he was a little, it was clear Asa must have learned to take care of himself. The house was well cared for, and he held a full time job. He functioned well.

After finding a waffle maker, he pulled it out and got out the items to make the waffles. He took his time in doing so, making the first waffle before placing it on the plate. Though he could not help raising an eyebrow when he noticed the waffle maker left a cat face in the waffle. He lightly ran his hand over it before he chuckled quietly, shaking his head. It was becoming clear that the boy enjoyed things to do with cats if he was going based on the tiger stuffed animal he had and the waffle maker. He continued to make the food, even going as far as to butter the male's waffles himself and pour the syrup over the top.

He turned to make his way back to the living room but was surprised to find the young male standing in the doorway with the cover wrapped around his shoulders.
"Hey, come sit down, little one." He motioned him over immediately, though he paused upon seeing he still held his stuffed animal.

"I am sorry." Asa's voice was quiet as he sat the tiger on the counter with the blanket and moved to sit. Everest was surprised by the apology, sitting across from him. He sipped on the coffee he had made that morning, eyeing him carefully.

"Why are you apologizing, Asa?"

"You are my boss. I shouldn't have called you last night like I did." He mumbled the words as he eyed the waffle, picking up a fork. It was curious how the male seemed to be back in his big boy mind state rather than his little. He was much more adult-like when he was not in his little mind state. It made Everest wonder how long the male had been handling his little side alone.

"It is okay. I am glad you called; it is much better than you getting hurt while in such a fragile state. It was no trouble." He soothed as he began to cut his own waffles.
"Do you want to share what happened last night?"

"I... well as you saw I...um...slipped. into the wrong mindset while at work. It was not one I easily came out of and when I got home, I laid down...with my noonie...and Tigey...and-and my blankie. K-Keith came home and he...he does not like it when I act stupid like that. He-He said I needed to grow up and he cut b-blankie-" He cut himself off when his throat closed, struggling with his tears.

"Asa, calm down. It is okay." Everest carefully placed his hand on the male's, studying his face carefully.

"I'm sorry-"

"Do not apologize. I need you to listen to me. You are not weird or stupid. Nor do you have the wrong mindset. You are a little; your mind works a little differently and it is usually caused by trauma in your childhood. All it means is that you enjoy having somebody care for you while you can let go of your worries and fears. Where you do not need to act as an adult." He explained patiently, noticing how the male stared down at his waffle which only had a few small bites missing.