Chapter Four

(This chapter could have me cry near the end. I hope you enjoy it!)

(As always, share what you think!)

Everest slept soundly beside Asa until the sun rose. When he woke, he blinked his eyes open, admiring the way the small male snuggled into his chest. A small smile dusted his lips and he reached up, brushing the light blonde strands from his face. It was nice to have someone to sleep with again, even if it was on an uncomfortable bed. And Asa, the sweet little boy that he was, seemed more than content with being in his arms.

Part of him felt he may be taking advantage of the poor boy. He had been in a relationship with a man who did not understand him and his little needs. He had taken advantage of that it seemed, yet it had never been his intention to take Asa as his little. He had only wanted to help him feel safe, just as he did with all his friend's littles. It was important to him that they were safe and happy.

Seeing Asa happy, it reminded him why he loved being a daddy and having a little. Having a person rely on him so much and trusting him. And Asa seemed so trusting, so loving. He did not deserve what Keith had done or what he had put into his head.

It angered Everest to remember the way Asa spoke of himself, of his little side. Calling it weird and not normal. Okay, he could admit it may not necessarily be the norm. But it was understandable. Yet he wondered what caused Asa's regression. Perhaps trauma he had not yet heard of? He wanted desperately to know so he could further help the boy, but he could not bring himself to ask. Not yet, not when Asa was only just accepting himself and the idea of a Daddy. Part of him wondered if Asa had ever slipped before at work before he found out. He missed it if he did, but he had been lucky to find him this last time.

Asa had been terrified into his little mindset and it was heartbreaking to see for any Daddy. His eyes had been covered in tears, his body trembling. Everest had been unable to resist the urge to protect him and calm him down.

Now here he was, with a little he never planned laying in his arms. It was something he missed having and he could not help feeling the slightest bit comforted by the male's presence. Though he knew it would only last so long. His purpose was to help Asa accept himself and then, hopefully, he could help him find somebody to care for him properly.

"Evey-" Asa's soft voice was interrupted by a big yawn, his fingers fisting in Everest shirt as his mouth stretched wide open.

"Hmm, good morning, little one." Everest was amused by the nickname but said nothing on it as he brushed Asa's hair from his face. The male released a quiet giggle but pressed himself against the older male, nuzzling his nose against his chest.

"Comfy wike a big teddy." Asa giggled and his words brought a small smile to Everest's lips as he nodded. It was curious how Asa had regressed, having been triggered by his ex scaring him. Yet, he had been fighting that little side for so long. Perhaps the boy finally felt safe enough to remain as a little.

"Asa, how do you feel about going out to the park today?" He knew there was a park in his friend, Derek's, neighborhood and few people used it. It was often where they would take littles to play without being interrupted by others.

"The park?!" He gasped, quickly sat up while nodding eagerly. It was something he would enjoy and be able to feel free doing without judgement from others. His reaction earned a smile as Everest climbed out of the bed before he held his arms out to Asa. A grunt escaped him when the male hurried over to him, giggling as he threw himself into his arms. Though Everest was quick to catch him, his arms winding around him while his hands carefully shifted. He supported his butt as the legs wound around his waist and the arms around his neck.
"I wike de park."