Chapter 2

I had just pulled up to the daycare when I jumped out of the truck running to the door as fast as I possibly could. I threw opened the door running in to him.
"Are you ok bubba?" I asked him gently taking him in my arms.
"No. My arm hurts dada," he said suckling on his passie.
"I know bubba. Can y'all call an ambulance please?" "Yes Mr.Rodrigues," his teacher said. I sit their rocking him a little bit.
The ambulance pulls into the daycare about 15 minutes later and I've been sitting with him rocking him slightly.
"Cavin Rodriguez?" the responder asked.
"Yes," I say holding him walking over.
"Ok please set him on the bed for the ride their," her told me. I nodded at her and set him down he reached for me but I gave him his blanket and sat beside him, "I can't hold you bubba they need to look at your arm."

"Ok little man can I see that arm of yours?" the lady I found out was named Leah. "No it hurts no touch," my little boy said. "Hey bubba I know it does but can you show her please?" I asked as I pet his hair. "ok dada," he said letting go of his arm letting her touch it. "yea it definitely looks broken but we will get an x-ray and see for sure and if he did break it it will need a cast," she told us sitting down beside me. "You hear that buddy you'll get a cool cast," I tell him hoping to make it better. "So do you want to call his mom?" Leah asked me. "No his mom isn't in the picture," I said playing with Cavin's lovey.

"yes sir it is definitely broken so he will be needing a cast so Mr. Cavin would you like to pick the color of the cast?" the doctor asked. Cavs been super shy so he's cuddled in to my side. "Do you have red?" Cavin asked him. "yes we do is that the color you want?" the doctor asked him while walking away to get the supplies. "mhm yes please," Cavin said. "ok now I'm going to need you to hold out your arm so I can wrap it." Cavin hesitantly held out his arm and the doctor started wrapping it with is the cast stuff. I felt my phone go off I looked at it and saw a snap from Veronica I opened it and saw she asked if we have left yet. I snapped her back telling her no not yet he's getting a cast. 'Aww poor boy can I come in and see y'all I kinda got him a toy already and am sitting in the parking lot' she sent me. 'yes we are in the waiting room bed 5' I said. 'kk coming in' I smiled and looked at my boy and said, "hey buddy someone's brought a present for you." As I say that in comes Ronnie with a balloon and a Paw Patrol toy. "wow is that for me dada?" Cavin asks me as the doctor finish his cast. "yes bubba this is my friend Ronnie and she brought you this," I tell him as I walk over and pick him up. "Hi I'm Veronica but you can call me Ronnie. Your dad told me that you got hurt at daycare and I wanted to come check on you," she said to my little boy. "I ok daddy always makes things better. He even let me have a bottle and I only get those in the morning when he takes a bath and night night time when we rock in my chair," he said to Ronnie. "Bubba we've talked about this I take showers. You take baths." "Well then something good happened huh," she said laughing at my statement.

"Hey Ronnie you have a funny voice," my two year old told the pretty girl across us. "It's called an accent I'm from Texas so that's why my voice sounds 'funny'," she explained. Cavin really wanted Ronnie to come to eat with us so after much begging. Him not me. She finally caved and said she would come with us. "ohhhh that cool. I want a funny voice daddy," he said to me. "ok bubba I'll work on that for you," I said as me and Ronnie laughed

"Oh my gosh baby are you ok," my mom asked the toddler in her lap. We just got back home and my mom is wondering why her grandson has a cast on his arm. "I fell meme," he told her getting off her lap running to his room to play. "DO NOT RUN CAVIN GREY WE JUST CAME HOME FROM THE ER!" I yelled sitting down explain to my mom what happened to his arm.

"BUBBA DINNER TIME!" I yelled to my son. He walked in the kitchen rubbing his eyes. "Are you tired baby?" I asked him putting him in his highchair. "Yea," he told me. "Ok we will eat then we can take a bath, drink a bottle, then you can go night night ok," I said putting food In front of him." kk daddy," he told me as he started eating his food.

"Cavin it's time to get out you have been in the bath far to long and it's time for your bottle," I said getting my son out wrapping a towel around him. as we got to his room I put a diaper on him as well as lotion and pjs.

"ok bubba I love you so much," I said kissing his head putting his passie in his mouth

"ok bubba I love you so much," I said kissing his head putting his passie in his mouth. "I wove you too dada," he said around his passie. I smiled at him walking to my room. I jumped on my bed grabbing my phone seeing a snap from Ronnie. 'Night benny boy (like my nickname) have a good night's' sleep I'll see you in the morning. Tell that cute kid of yours I said night.' I smiled and sent 'I will. I'll see you in the morning night beautiful.' I smiled laying my phone down. I think she might like me I hope that snap wasn't to bold. oh well I like her and I want her to know that.