27

My bag was packed ready for some sunshine and salty water. Everyone was already gathered by the car ready to leave. Zavian was smiling by the passenger door already opening the door for me. All the anger that was boiling inside me seemed to dimmer when I saw that Kathleen was nowhere in sight.

"She had to leave for an interview back home. You have all this to yourself now." Zavian told me as I got into the car.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "About time." He laughed as we went over to the driver's seat.

When everyone was settled in, we started the short drive to the beach. To say it was a good day would be an understatement. With no Kathleen invading on our time, Zavian and I sat at a secluded part of the beach together with our friends. Drinks in hand and sand in our toes, we laughed and joked around each other like we always do. I sat beside Zavian sipping on my cocktail as I tried to finish on a book I had started earlier on while he was basking in the sun with his shades on. No one could really tell who he was since had his cap on. To anyone else it looked like I was seating with a random dude who had his hand high up my thigh.

We were so sure that no paparazzi had followed us so we were open to being affectionate with each other. That was until I got back to the house and checked my phone. I had missed calls from my mother and Hillary followed by a couple of tabloids. I sat on the bed to go through them as Zavian took a shower. The first thing I saw was a picture of me sitting next to Zavian with the caption, 'Does new sensation Ayana have a man already?'. The next one was one of me kissing Zavian, 'Ayana Martins spotted with a mysterious man'.

Lisa burst into the room with her phone in hand, "No need to panic darling. They don't even know its Zavian." She assured me seating next to me.

I already had tears welling up. "It's only a matter of time until someone does. They are already snooping." I cried out.

Zavian walked out of the shower and looked at Lisa suspiciously. "And what are you doing here?"

Lisa didn't say anything and just handed him her phone to see the latest gossip. He went through all them silently before also take a seat on the bed.

His hand went round my shoulder drawing me close to him. "They don't know its me baby. Don't start panicking yet. We are ending the movie soon and the publicity stunt with Kathleen will be over." He also trying reassuring me.

But nothing they were saying assured me that this will not all blow up in my face.

"Excuse me, I need to go talk to my agent." Was all I said before walking out.

I walked to the balcony already dialling Hillary's number to see how much damage had been done. She picked up almost immediately.

"I have seen the pictures and I need you to be honest with me so I can know how to handle the situation." Hillary said when the call connected.

I sighed. "Yes, it was Zavian. We have been seeing each other secretly for a while now."

"That was something I should have known when it began. Who you date is none of my business but when something like this happens it becomes my business. The good thing is that no one can confirm who the guy is but they will start looking. You can not be seen with Zavian in any suspicious way until he is done with Kathleen. Keep it below low and I will do the best I can on my end." She stated, "Upside of everything, everyone is talking about you. Get back home so we can ride this wave to the end."

"Okay Hillary. I will be coming back tomorrow."

I walked back to my room to find only Zavian waiting for me. He had his phone probably going through what the internet is saying about me. I sat beside him laying my head on my shoulder. He lifted my face with his free hand placing a quick kiss on my lips.