Inertia/Cobalt Blue-III

(S.T.A.R Labs)

Barry sat in the pipeline, his mind still reeling in from the fact that Eddie was his brother. He was lost in the thought that he didn't notice Caitlin take a seat right next to him, not until she wrapped her hand around his.

"You okay?" She asks in a soothing tone. As Barry pulled her close for comfort.

"I....he was my brother." Barry choked out as Caitlin comforted him. "He.......he was here all this time....working alongside me, yet I....we never knew about each other, he saved my life and I......."

"Hey, it's okay." Caitlin rubbed back of his arm. "Everything's all right, I know this wasn't what we all expected." She paused as a snort left his mouth. "Nobody saw that coming, as you said, he was here with us and we never knew, and I am sorry."

"Don't be." Barry shrugged his shoulders as Caitlin placed her head on them. "Nobody knew, I...I want to be angry at the doctor who switched the babies, I want to be angry at my parents for not telling me, but I just can't."

"Because that's not you, Barry." Caitlin answers. "The thing that drives you is not, vengeance or anger or things like that, what drives you is love." She paused az Barry turned to look at her. "Its your heart that's full of love for other people, your want to help others, the love that you have for the people around you. Now that doesn't mean you can't be angry, you just have a forgiving heart."

They stayed silent for a while taking comfort in each other's company before Barry spoke up again.

"What has our life come to?" Barry said looking down at the pipeline. "I mean, our lives our much worse than the drama series of CW or Netflix."

"Or some of the wierd fanfics around?" Caitlin added with a nod to her head.

"Don't let me get started on the secrets." He mutters in frustration rubbing his head. "We found out your father is alive but missing, I found out that I had a brother who is dead and was actually someone very close to me and that future is weird with what my daughter from future has told me is truth."

"It certainly beats Netflix, cooking, icing people and running around the city with superspeed, doesn't it." Caitlin says and a chuckle escapes him.

"It does." Barry paused. "We are quite a pair, Dr. Snow." A smile appeared on her face, she remembered the same thing she said to him, and she also remembers what he answered with.

"Yes, we are, Mr. Allen." Caitlin answered as Barry pulled her in for a kiss.

"Thank you." Barry said after breaking the kiss. "For being there for me, you know, whenever I am lost or broken, or whenever I need someone."

"I will always be here, Barry." Caitlin answered. "I am not going anywhere."

"I know." He replied. "Let's head back, I've been gone for a while so I am probably sure you have some other news to tell."

"That we do." She replied before looking at him in concern. "Are you okay?" She asked again.

"Truthfully speaking, far from it." He admitted after taking a deep breath. "We can talk about it later."

"Don't forget what you told me before." She says cupping his face. "We will get through this, together."

"Does that include me?" A sudden voice came and both jumped away from each other seeing Cisco standing there with a teasing smirk. "Oh, don't stop on my account, I am, but an innocent passers-by, who just enjoys such a show."

"Cisco, hey, hey, h......how long have you been there?" Barry asks with a stutter.

"I just arrive when you said that you were saying how the two of you are 'quite the pair'." Cisco said and raised his hands. "Don't worry I turned around for what happened next, I don't even want to know what happened next and didn't speak because I didn't want to interrupt the moment that was there, and who knows if you will get that sort of moment again, so I just let you guys have it." He then paused, pointing between the two of them. "So, when did this became a thing?"