10. Back to School Again.

After a lovely Christmas with the Weasleys, it was time for Harry and Elena to go back to Hogwarts. They were walking together with Ron towards the entrance, when they heard someone calling them. They turned around to see Hermione come running towards them.

"Harry! Elena! Hagrid's back!" she said.

The four of them ran excitedly through the grounds towards Hagrid's hut. Harry knocked on his door, and when it opened, Elena jumped forward to give Hagrid a hug.

"Hello you lot," said Hagrid with a big smile. "Do you want to come in? I'll put the kettle on."

As they all entered, Hagrid stepped back and looked over the children. He noticed that Elena's stomach was looking bigger than usual.

"Blimey, El. You've grown," said Hagrid. "You look like you've eaten a bit too much over the Christmas break."

Hermione gasped in surprise. Elena covered her stomach with her hands. "Do I look fat?" asked Elena, with tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Hagrid, no," said Hermione. "Elena is pregnant."

"Oops. I'm sorry," said Hagrid, as he awkwardly looked down at his feet. "No one told me about that."

"Do I look fat and horrible?" Elena started to sob.

"Oh dear," groaned Hagrid.

Hermione wrapped her arms around Elena and gave her a big hug. "Don't listen to him," she said. "You look beautiful. Don't you agree, Hagrid?"

"Oh, err, yes," said Hagrid. "Now you mention it, she looks positively glowing."

Harry cringed at the awkwardness of Hagrid. He decided it would be best to change the subject. "So where have you been all year, Hagrid?" he asked.

"Ahhhh, well that's top secret between me and Dumbledore," said Hagrid. "So you can't tell anyone else. But he sent me to try and recruit the giants to the cause."

"How did it go?" asked Hermione.

"Oh, not too bad," said Hagrid. "But you best get back to the castle now, there's a storm coming.

~~~~~

Another two months passed at Hogwarts. There was a mass breakout of prisoners from Azkaban, which made everyone afraid. In response, more people joined Dumbledore's Army.

Umbridge formed the Inquisitorial Squad, and recruited a lot of the Slytherins. They upped their efforts to catch what Harry was doing, but so far they had not managed.

In the Room of Requirement, Harry started his latest lesson. This time he decided they were ready to attempt the Patronus charm.

"You need to think of your happiest memory," said Harry. "And really concentrate hard and focus on that memory."

Elena tried to concentrate on her happiest memory, but she could not think of anything.

"El, you need to think of a happy memory," said Harry.

"I'm trying," said Elena. "But all I can think of now is the baby pushing down on my bladder."

"Oh, okay. Well, err, just try your best," said Harry.

"Let me go for a wee first," said Elena. "I reckon I could concentrate better with an empty bladder."

Elena slipped her wand back in her pocket then walked towards the back of the room. One of the latest additions to the Room of Requirement had been a bathroom that had appeared at the back.

Elena finished using the toilet, and went back to the main room to join the others. As she did, there was a loud booming noise that shook the walls. She noticed that everyone else had already stopped what they were doing and were all staring at the wall.

"What's going on?" asked Elena.

Before anyone had a chance to answer, the wall exploded. When the dust settled, there was a large hole that had appeared. And through the hole came Umbridge and her Inquisitorial Squad. They swarmed in and surrounded all the DA members.

Umbridge walked forward with a smug grin on her face.

"Well, Mr Potter. It seems I have finally found you," she said.

Malfoy called out for her attention from the other side of the room. "Look what I've found," he said.

Umbridge went over and took the piece of paper that Malfoy was holding. It was the list of members, with "Dumbledore's Army" written at the top.

"This is more serious than I first thought," said Umbridge. "Escort them back to their common rooms. Apart from Potter, he's coming to the headmaster's office with me."

Harry was marched out of the room by Malfoy. When they had left, the others in the Inquisitorial Squad went around writing down the names of everyone who they had caught. Then they were taken back to the common room.

Once they were back at the Gryffindor common room, Elena sat on one of the sofas and cuddled up to George.

"Do you think Harry will be okay?" she asked. "Or do you think he will be expelled?"

Hermione came and sat on the other sofa with Ron. "I don't think Dumbledore would ever willingly expel Harry," she said. "But I'm not sure what powers Umbridge would have over him."

Elena hugged George even tighter as tears started to run down her cheeks.

"Don't worry, El," George whispered to her. "It's Harry, the special one, he'll be fine I'm sure of it."

"I hope so," Elena sobbed.

As Elena stayed and cuddled George for a while longer, she felt some movements in her stomach.

"Oh," she said.

"Are you okay?" asked George.

"Yeah. It's the baby, I just felt her kick," said Elena.

Elena reached down and pulled up her top to expose her belly. Then she took hold of George's hand and rested on top. After a few moments, the baby kicked again.

"Cool," said George.

Elena stroked her hand down George's face, then pulled him in for a kiss while he kept his hand on her belly. Kissing George always made Elena feel more relaxed, so she kept kissing him for a while before she snuggled up close to him. They stayed cuddling up on the sofa, with George resting his hand on Elena's belly the whole time.

"Wait, did you say 'her'?" asked Hermione. "Does that mean you know what you are having?"

"Well, kind of," said Elena.

"Did you have an ultrasound scan?" asked Hermione.

"Not exactly. It was the wizarding version of a scan. Professor Trelawney with one of her crystal balls," said Elena. "But she seemed convinced that I'm having a healthy baby girl."

"Awww, that's great," said Hermione.

Elena and George were still cuddling with his hand on her belly an hour later, when Harry returned to the common room with a worried expression. She sat up quickly when she saw how upset her brother looked.

"What happened?" asked Hermione.

"Dumbledore's gone," said Harry.

"Gone? How do you mean, gone?" asked Elena.

"He's no longer headmaster," said Harry. "But then Fudge wanted to send him to Azkaban, so he kind of disappeared too."

"That's not good," said Hermione. "But what about you, are you in trouble as well?"

"No. Dumbledore took all the blame," said Harry.

"That's lucky," said George.

Elena just shook her head at George and went back to cuddling up in front of the fire with him.

Later that day, a new proclamation was added to the wall by Filch. This one named Professor Umbridge as the new headmaster of Hogwarts.