15. After the Battle

Lily was in shock. "I'm a grandmother, but how?"

"I'm only twenty-one years old," said James, shaking his head. "I'm too young to be a granddad."

Elena took a deep breath. "Okay. I know I'm young, but yeah, I've got a daughter," she said.

"How could you do that?" asked James.

"I didn't do it on purpose," said Elena. "But now she's here I just love her so much. I can't imagine my life without her."

Lily wrapped her arms around Elena and pulled her in for a big hug. "I understand," she said. "I felt the same way about you and Harry."

James was still in shock about the whole thing. "Who is the father?" he asked.

"One of the Weasley boys," said Sirius. "I've already put him in his place."

"Weasleys? Do you mean Arthur and Molly, one of their boys?" he asked.

James looked around and spotted Ron's red hair. "You! You're a Weasley," he said. "Are you the one who got my daughter pregnant?"

Ron shrieked and dived behind Hermione for protection. "It wasn't me. It was my brother," he whined.

"It wasn't Ron, it was George," said Elena.

"James, calm down," said Lily.

"Yes, I'm sorry," he said. "It's just a lot to take in."

As they were speaking, Remus came running back into the room. He had gone chasing after Bellatrix, but had now returned to check on Harry.

Remus was delighted when he saw Sirius was standing next to Harry. He had thought his old friend was killed, but now it seemed he was fine. Remus was overjoyed, and ran towards him.

As he got closer, Remus noticed two other people that were standing with Harry and Elena. They looked familiar, but they...

Remus froze when he realised who it was. "J-J-James? Lily? Is that you?" he asked.

James looked around with a big smile. "Remus, how are you?" he said.

"B-but how?" asked Remus.

"It was us," said Elena. "We called to them through the veil of life."

"The veil?" said Remus. "I know of its supposed powers, but I have never heard of it being used successfully before."

"Nor have I," said Sirius. "But I am delighted that they managed to do it."

"Yes, the old gang is mostly back together," said James. "But what about Peter? Is he with you too? We need the full marauder reunion."

"Err, no," said Sirius. "Peter was the one who betrayed you to Voldemort."

"He did?" said James. "That dirty rat!"

"I feel like we have a lot of catching up to do," said Lily. "Perhaps we should go somewhere more comfortable to talk?"

"Yes, let's all go back to my house," said Sirius.

They all left the department of mysteries and started to walk through the ministry. As they got closer to the entrance, they could hear voices. When Harry went around the corner, he could see the main entrance hall to the ministry.

The whole area was a mess. There was water and broken glass everywhere. And in the centre of the destruction, Dumbledore was talking to Fudge, the Minister of Magic.

Fudge looked pale and worried. "The dark lord has returned," he said. "I saw him."

Elena scoffed and rolled her eyes at him. "Yeah, we've been telling you that all year, dumbass" she said.