Chapter 1

As you might already know I'm Athena and I'm 17, and no I don't have a last name.

I was put in foster care as a baby, and had to be in abusive homes all my life, so I thought 'why not learn how to defend myself', and that's exactly what I did, at the age of ten I learned how to fight and became well known all over the world as the Huntress on the streets, I have never lost.

When I was thirteen a group of Elite assassins saw me fighting and 'hired' me you could say, and trained me even harder until I became the best assassin in the world.

Now that I'm seventeen I'm almost out of the orphanage, and when I am, I'm going to get out of here, and when I mean here, I mean California.

Right now, I'm about to go do a job, I have to kill a guy because he stole drugs from the Russian mafia, oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I do jobs for the mafia to, I mean it's mostly the Russian and American, I've never done one to the Italian.

Since I'm the huntress I have to keep my identity a secret, but in school everyone is afraid of me because in seven grade I sent a nineth grader to the hospital with a broken nose, ribs and hand. In my defence he called me the only word that can get me really angry, orphan, if you call me that, you are as good as dead.

Anyways, here I am in this jackass's house about to kill him. I go through the window, and check the house out, he has the dirtiest house I have seen in a while, there's bottles of vodka everywhere. I just walk past them and go to the living room where I see him watching TV, and since I'm in no mood for chit-chat I go behind him and slice his throat. Easy peasy.

Now I'm at the orphanage, and it's 2am, ad can already tell you, I'm going to wake up cranky.

I wake up and I am in no mood to go to school, I mean I already know all that stuff, If I wanted, I could graduate, but I don't, I don't know why, I guess I'm really stupid.

I dress in this:

The only reason I can buy this, is because when I'm offered jobs, I get paid really damn well

In school, since it's so boring, and I don't have any friends, I usually just sleep through class.

I'm just going to skip through the day.

When I get to the orphanage, I see that there's a limo parked in the front, and the only thing on my mind is that someone is about to get adopted, and I already know it's not me, because after you turn twelve you aren't a kid anymore, and no one wants to adopt you.

I walk in and go straight to my room and lay down.

"Athena come to my office" says Ms. Shirley through the intercom.

I walk downstairs and open the door, and saying I'm surprise is an understatement, when I see the Moretti family sitting in the office, by the way, the Moretti's are the Italian Mafia.

As soon as I walk in, I put my poker face on. "What?" I ask with no emotion in my voice.

"This family wants to adopt you" Ms Shirley says with her sweet voice

"Why?" They look at each other before the one that look to be in his twenty's answers.

"We wanted a sister, and our father wanted a daughter, and you seem to be the only one here that isn't a total headache" He answered with a shrug.

"True, then I'm going to pack"

I've learned not to ask many questions about adoption, and if they are in the mafia you should be careful, and stay quiet.

Let's see where this goes, shall we?