Chapter 3

Athena's pov

After they all stopped smiling, which as a while later, the boy's showed me to my room, and I'm not going to lie I liked it, a lot.

But since I'm too proud to admit, I did the second-best thing, "It's good, thanks. Can I be alone for now?" I only showed a little emotion while thanking them, because I don't want to get to close to them.

"Sure, we'll call you when dinner is ready" is all they say before they leave the room.

I take advantage of this moment alone and start unpacking all my clothes, and my weapons. What? I'm an assassin I always have to be ready, I can't go out to the streets for a walk without, at least one knife, and no, I'm not paranoid, it's because I'm wanted by everyone, and I'm not joking. I have killed a lot of people on my time on earth.

While I was unpacking, I found a picture, I didn't know was there, of me in the mascaraed ball I went to last year as the Huntress, that night a lot happened, but I don't like to talk about it.

20 minutes later Marco came to get for dinner, and explained to me that they were going to introduce me to Victoria, I was a little nervous, because I was meeting my possible mom, I know what you're thinking, 'didn't she say that she didn't want to get adopted?', that's true, but I think deep down, I always wanted a mom, to hold me when I'm scared, during a heartbreak, my first period, my first time. It's a fact.

They told to wait a second that they would come get me in a second, that I had to hide behind a wall. I could hear everything that was happening on the other room (the dining room).

"hi honey, how did the trip go? "that must be Victoria, her voice sound so gentle, it's the voice of a mother, I would know.

"It was good honey. We have a surprise for you. The reason we went to California wasn't for business, it was for your surprise" said Valente, very calm considering the situation.

"What is it honey? "she asked with excitement?

Alexandro came to my side and gave me a signal that it was time. I took a deep breath and came from behind the wall. As soon as Victoria saw me, she put a hand over her mouth and started tearing up a bit. She got up and started walking in my direction, slowly but surely, she started raising her hand to touch my face and, I let her. With every step she took she cried even more. "Victoria, this is Athena. Your surprise. Our new daughter" said Valente with so much love in his voice.

After does words came out of Valentes mouth, the real tears started. Victoria cried even more and hugged me, I hugged back and a couple tears fell from my eyes from the motherly hug.

I didn't know how much I needed that hug until I started to cry, I mean more than a couple tears, almost as much as Victoria herself. She detached herself from me and put both hands on either side of my face, and looked into my eyes.

The only thing I could see in them was love and adoration.

From that moment on, I knew that I didn't want to leave, because I had a feeling, I was going to be happy here.