Chapter 19 - CATastrophe

Ah what a peaceful nap indeed. Nightmare hadn't decided to fill my dream's with horrifying events. Being able to actually rest without any nightmares was a treat. Though, did he try to give me nightmares, or was it by accident. Everywhere the guy went he always radiated a negative aura

and he couldn't seem to help it.

That'd be a question for later, for now, I needed to check up on him. Where he was and what he was doing. His presence didn't always feel nice.

I sighed and sat up in my bed. I gazed around my room, and it almost completely pitch black. There was a bit of a darker area in one of the corners of the room. I made my way over to the dark area with a hand out a bit in front of me to feel whatever I walked into.

As I neared closer, it was hard to tell exactly where the area was darker and a bit lighter. I eventually collided with something. It was soft, like a jacket. I gripped onto whatever it was and felt it moved to the left.

"Hello?" I called out to the thing and I felt it freeze in place. It moved back to it's original spot and I tried to walk closer to it.

"Hi" The person sounded a bit guilty and confused. They sounded exactly like Nightmare.

"Nightmare? Is that you? If so, what were you doing watching me sleep?" I let go of the jacket and I heard the person move away from me. It was hard to tell where they went, so I aimlessly looked around my room for a second.

It would be smarter to turn the light on, so that's exactly what I made my way for.

The light switch.

Once I reached the switch, I flicked it on and it took a second for my eyes to get used to. Nightmare was standing in the corner of my room. He panicked for a second and snapped his gaze to me. He calmed himself down quickly as if he had never panicked in the first place.

"Now answer my question." I commanded, though it didn't work.

"No. I have my reasons for not telling you." He scoffed and brushed past me to exit my room. I went to grab his jacket sleeve, though one of his tentacles kept me from it. I frowned and watched as he exited the room.

I had forgot to ask him about the whole nightmares thing.

I rushed out of my room before Nightmare was even able to make it to the stairs.

"Wait! I have another question." I called out. Nightmare turned his head, and he had an annoyed expression on his face.

"What is it?" He placed his hands in his pockets and stared at me. I gulped in response to his ominous gaze.

"Well. It's about nightmares. Do you try to give me nightmares, or can you not help it?" I let my arms fall to my side, and I hadn't realized my head was tilted a bit.

"I can control whether I want to give you nightmares, but I cannot control if you do have nightmares because of me." He gave a small shrug and started for the stairs again.

"Thanks." I stood there for a second and watched as Nightmare nodded his head and continued down the stairs.

Excusing this event, I had something in mind for today. I hadn't been paying a lot of attention to the kittens.

I turned back around and saw the kittens staring at me through the wide open door. Maybe I could let them roam the house, though one at a time.

I entered my room, and grabbed the first kitten on the ground. It was Line. I pet the small animal and he meowed in response. I smiled and started out of my room, shutting the door behind me.