W

I love music.

Music was there as soon as I opened my eyes to the world.

I was born in a family of musicians and everyone saw the potential that someday I will be the one playing the sonata my ancestors left for us.

Winter Sonata..

A music piece with love as it's lyrics. A song that speaks about the soul of a loving heart to someone she failed to be with. A song that was made in tune of a beating heart and losing of breath. Like a love on the verge of death. Crucial, painful, undying yet romantic and powerful.

Tragic right?

I know how to play well with my piano and can tick every song possible with my fingers but my family thinks that I am lacking in emotion.

Surely talents and skills are running through my veins but passion and enthusiasm to relay a song's emotional message is really out of my hands.

It confused me more when I met someone far beyond my expectations.

Jisoo, a happy soul that made that day extra special. She was there, all along. She never grew tired of waiting for me at our school music room. She's there all day. She'll look at me without complaining, even if I ran out of tune, or I forgot a key.

She never judges me.

She will just tilt her head and show me her warm smile on her heart shaped lips then I'm fine.

She'll walk with me and listen to my screams, my whims, my angst and my problems.

She never left me.

She never complains. She'll just hand me a snack she sneaks out from her family's bakeshop, that I really love.

She knows me well. She knows what to do when I'm scared, when I'm hurt, when I'm sad. She'll just smile and mouth the words "It's okay."

Then I'm fine.

"I love you, chicken. Thank you for being my lifesaver," I whispered.

She looked at me and smiled as we walked our way home.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I asked, teasing her.

"C-chipmunk.." then she poke my cheek with a fake angry face.

She's oozing with cuteness that I can't help but to laugh whenever she does that face.

"All right, all right. I'll stop." I said in a defeated tone. "But I still love you."

She just smiled.

"SA-RANG-HE," I said repeatedly as she continued walking, not minding me. "KIM-JI-SOO."

She giggles as I continue blabbering my feelings for her. I don't mind if people hear us. I am more than willing to shout it on top of my lungs for I know Jisoo won't mind.

"I'll be expecting you tonight, okay?" I told her when she turned to look at me.

"O-okay." She said charmingly as she playfully tucked her hair behind her ear.

"That's a relief. I hope I can pull this thing off after years of practicing. This is my one shot to make them proud.. To make you proud.."

Having Jisoo all along made me question myself. How can I make the audience feel the pain of the song if my heart is feeling the opposite? How can I justify it if my being is in a perfect mood?

How on earth can I pull this thing off?

But I guess, Jisoo gave me the most painful reason to play this song. Enough to give a little pinch of regret on each tone.

I sighed.

But still, I can change it.

Then I looked at her, she's still looking at me with her almond brown eyes..She watches me carefully as my lips mouthed each word.

"I'm gonna make you proud. I might not yet find the meaning of my Winter Sonata but I'll keep on playing it for you.."

Jisoo linked her arms to mine and intertwined our fingers together as  she rested her head on my shoulder, not minding the people around us.

"I might not give the exact emotions they're asking from me but I'll make my own version of it. For you.." then I gave her perfect nose a little pinch. "You're my Winter Sonata."

"Warm breeze in a middle of a snow--"

Jisoo stopped walking and she took her hands in my arms. I looked at her as she turned my shoulder to face her.

She cupped my face. I can feel my face turn red as her warm palm rested on my cheeks.

I didn't move.

I just let my eyes open as I watched her next move.

She tiptoed and leaned to me, closing the gap between us with the most intense gesture she has ever shown to me.

I swallowed the lump on my throat as I inhaled her warm minty breath.

Then there were sparks.

The moment after Jisoo invaded my lips, there were fireworks.

I can feel the playful butterflies on my stomach as I let her kiss go deeper.

Yes, the thrill was incomparable as we were both standing in the middle of the streets with our lips intertwined with only street lights above our head and the darkness devouring the city.

It was enchanted.

It was magical.

I can't feel my feet as my heart is beating so fast.

"Sa..rang..he.." she whispered as soon as we parted our lips with her eyes glued to mine.

I was stunned, speechless.

I absent-mindedly touch my lips and look at her with confused eyes. "What the heck?"

She laughed sweetly as she started to run away. I tried to stop her but I lost grip on her hands.

She walks away with her gaze locked on me without her knowing it was the end of the road for her..

"JISOO!!"

The numbness of my feet doubled as I watched her take another step with blinding lights approaching behind her.

I begged my feet to move and pushed myself to run to her and to pull her back.

"JISOO!!"

She suddenly looked behind her and saw the same monster that I was pointing at her. She then looked back and smiled...

"SA..RANG..HE.. CHIP..MUNK."

It was too late..

-------------------

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE.