N

I stormed my way to the hospital door with my chest throbbing with excitement and unexplainable what if's.

My feet are moving on it's own as if it was programmed to locate where she is right now..

Jisoo..

"Chaeng!" Lisa's face pops out of the crowd. She immediately embraced me and I could feel her overflowing emotions.."Jisoo.. that chicken."

"What happened?" I can feel my heart beat race as I watch Lisa wiping her tears with a happy face..

Why is she happy?

"She did it! She made it through. That tough chicken is literally hard-headed." she said laughing.

"Don't play with me."

"I am not."

"You told me a while ago that her heart beat stopped, you told me. Minutes before my act started!"

"Yes. But Jisoo fought hard, Chaeng! She came back after that call. I was trying to call you back but I can't reach you. Even the doctors were amazed on how Jisoo won her fight. She came back.. she was calling you.. she was calling out your name."

Goosebumps.

Trail of cold sweat.

I pinched myself to wake me up but I failed. I am awake.

"Punch me." I said to her, I grabbed her hands to slap me.

"You're awake, Chaeng! It's true. She's alive!"

"Say it again!"

Jennie walked towards us and gave me a hard slap. "She's alive, Chaeng! Go see her and tell her everything she needs to know!"

Damn!

I nodded.

Lisa handed me a lab gown that I immediately put on and hurriedly pushed myself to the door.

I took a deep breath and prayed," Please."

There she is.

My love, the most beautiful creature that I have ever known. My universe. My home.

My Winter Sonata.

I ran to her side.

My fragile love was laying there with tubes and wires connected to her. And a ticking monitor that reflects her beating heart.

I stop myself from crying as I watch her chest move with her heavy breathing.

She's alive!

"C-chipmunk." she mumbled.

I felt my knees numb as she repeatedly called out my name.

"I'm here love. I'm here.." I whispered to her ears though I know she can't hear me. "Welcome back.."

I held her hand and placed it closer to my cheeks, I let her warm foreskin touch my chin as the trail of tears fell to it.

I can't stop it.

I can't help myself from crying.

"C-chip..munk.." she mumbles again.. "It's o-okay." she added.

I felt a sudden thud in my chest as soon as I heard those words.

Everything is okay. Everything is fine now so I just have to be strong and wait for her.

"I thought I lost you. I thought I would never see you again. I love you, Chicken. Please stay with me." I rolled her hands and let my face rest on her palm.

"Sa..rang..he.." she's struggling but she made each syllable clear for me. "It's o-okay."

I touch her skin. I let my fingers draw a line from her chin to her lips and to her perfect little nose.. I pecked her lips and let myself inhale the truth that she is here.

Then I reached the bridge of her nose, then I stopped.

Why are her eyes ain't moving?

Why didn't she turn around and look at me?

Why are those lively expressive eyes now distant and blank?

"Chicken? Look at me.." I said, I squeeze her hands hoping she'll get what I mean. "Jisoo.. look at me! I am here, please look at me."

"It's okay." she said.

"No! Look at me..tell me, you can see me, right?"

Somebody tapped my shoulder and gave it a little squeeze.

"Chaeng, let her rest." It was Lisa.

"But--"

"I'll explain everything to you. Let's go.."

I kissed her hands before leaving her. I followed Lisa as she took off her lab gown.

We headed towards the doctor's office because it'll be much easier if they'll be the one to explain things to me.

"Miss Park, Miss Kim miraculously crossed the bridge of death and came back. Honestly none of us expect that she can make it through knowing that she acquired a heavy blow on her head." the doctor said gently as he handed me papers and an image of Jisoo's x-ray.

I felt my eyes grow bigger as I tried to process everything he said. Jennie held my hand while Lisa was resting her palm in my shoulder, giving me the emotional support I needed this time.

"However, her eyes were the only thing she lost. It was badly damaged and there's nothing else that we can do.."

What?!

Jisoo is now blind?!

I felt my shattered heart fall out of my chest again.

Why is it happening to her?!

What did she do to deserve all of this?!

Why Jisoo?

Why her?!

I bowed my head and let my tears fall again from my eyes. It took me a couple of minutes before my crying stopped.

"We already informed the patient about her condition. She just calmly accepted it."  the doctor added.

How can she easily accept everything?!

"Jisoo is more worried about you, Chaeng. She tried her best to tell us how to explain her situation to you. She asked us to tell you that it's okay. And she's fine with it." Lisa said.

Lisa can read hand signs, one thing that I failed to learn because I was so busy practicing my piece.

How can Jisoo understand the world if both of her senses are gone? How can she express herself and communicate with us if she can't see? How can I tell her I love her if she can't read the signs?

How?!

"Transplant?" I said out of nowhere. Blabbering things that might make sense.

"Sure transplant is possible but we have to wait for a donor before we--"

"Take my eyes."

----------------

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ❤️