T

They all gasped.

"Chaeng, you're not thinking straight now." Lisa said.

"Take my eyes." I said to the doctor. "Let Jisoo have my eyes."

"Yah! Chaeyoung!" Lisa yelled.

"Tell me what do I have to do? When can we start the operation?" I asked him as I stood up and tapped his desk.

"PARK CHAEYOUNG!" Lisa grabbed my shoulder and forced me to look at her. "Don't be unreasonable."

"I think I should give you space and talk things out." he walks out of the room, leaving the three of us still glued to our feet.

"Chaeyoung, don't make things worse for Jisoo. Don't make it hard for her." Lisa said with her fierce eyes that it was piercing my soul.

"This is for Jisoo. This is the only thing that I can do for her. If Jisoo fought hard just to come back for me, I will give everything for her, give up everything just to make her happy." I said matching her eyes.

"Do you think Jisoo would be happy if she found out that it was your eyes? Do you think she will be fine if your family blames her for taking the eyes of their precious child?! Don't you think?!.." Lisa was angry.

I can feel her anger in every word she says.

"Jisoo said it's fine, Chaeng. She's okay with it. Why don't we just stick to that thing?"

"Tell me those words ,if you are already in my shoes." I hissed.

"I wouldn't be a baby if I were you!" she exclaimed.

"If Jennie lost her hearing? Will it be easy for you to explain how much you love her? If you cannot make signs, how can you tell her how beautiful she is, or how cute her dress is, or how mesmerizing her cat-like eyes that you adore so much??" I asked her, Lisa's angry eyes subside but she keeps her stand.

She didn't respond. She just looked at Jennie who was standing behind me.

"What if she also lost her sight too? What if the signs said she's fine with it? Tell me Lisa? How can you tell her back that it was all right?! How would she know that you are okay? That she doesn't have to be scared because you're fine and you're here. How..how on earth would she know that she's not alone?" I asked her as I let my tears show her how heavy my heart is.

I fell on my knees. My body is so exhausted, but my mind is a mess.

"Chaeng.." Jennie whispered as she tried to help me get up.

"We didn't know what's happening to Jisoo, Lisa. She's alone. She doesn't have ways to connect with us anymore. She's trapped in a world where sounds and colors don't exist! Do you think she's okay with it?"

"She's all by herself. She's laying there alone where silence and darkness surrounds. How sure are we that she's really fine?"

"You know her. She always says she's fine. She always tells us that everything is okay. But every time I held her hand I could feel her trembling muscles screaming for help."

"Chaeng.." Lisa let down her walls and quickly trapped me in her arms. "I just want you to be safe because that's what Jisoo wants."

"And giving her my eyes is what I really want right now.." I let my cry break Lisa's defense.

I know she's worried sick about me and Jisoo but I can't let her win this fight. Jisoo needs me.

"Fine. Just how hard headed you are. You really make a nice couple. Tss." she said, brushing her fingers on my hair. "Let's set the date then."

"We should tell your parents, Chaeng." Jennie said. "That's our rules."

"Heck," I disapprove.

I'm running out of time. I don't wanna waste any second explaining to my parents, especially my dad, about my situation. They will never understand me nor will support it.

"They will just stand in my way--" I whispered.

"They are your parents, Chaeng. They have the right to know. If they're against it, at least.." Lisa looked at me.."You have enough time to memorize your mother's face."

That was the con's.

The other side of my decision.

I will give Jisoo a chance to see the world once again using my eyes. But I will be stuck in a world where darkness surrounds.

Imagining it was painful enough.

How much more for Jisoo? She's lost.

I wiped my tears as I tried to hum love songs for her.

I sit beside her hospital bed, watching how her monitor ticks and her chest moves.

She's asleep.

What difference does it make when she's awake?

Having those thoughts is like putting salt to my wounded heart. Painful to picture out.

I held her hand as I poke her cheeks," Chicken, it's me."

It's our childish gesture to confirm our presence. Jisoo always does it.

"Chipmunk." She mumbles. I can feel the fear in her voice as she tries to pull me closer to her. "Chipmunk.. It's o-okay." her voice cracked.

She wraps her arms around me and gently strokes my hair. I couldn't stop my tears as I felt her warm tears on my shoulder.

She's crying.

She's scared but I don't know how to calm her down.

"I'm here Chicken. I'm here. I will never leave your side. I'm here. Here  touch my face." I let her trembling hands cupped my face as she rolled her fingers on my cheeks.

"Chipmunk." she whispered again.

She let go and started to make hand signs that I cannot understand.

"Wait Jisoo, I'll call Lisa." I kissed her hands and jumped out of her bed and quickly ran to the door.

"C-chip? C-chipmunk?!" she screamed.

I stopped at the door, turned to look at her and found the most heartbreaking scene that I never imagined.

Jisoo is using her arms and hands to find me. She stretched it and waved it in the air while calling out my name.

She's like a lost cat in the middle of the starless night.

"Chip!" she shouted. I ran to her and hugged her real tight and I could feel her fear as she buried her face on my chest.

She's scared.

"It's okay?? Chip?"

Her phrases became questions and it breaks my heart to know that there is no way I could reach her.

She's in my arms, my lips are close to her ear.. but she seems so far away.

What shall I do?!

How can I tell her things to calm her down?!

How?!