Chapter 10

"She's in your apartment. She's waiting for you." Lisa read the message from Jungkook

She locked her phone and looked outside the window of the bus "If I knew that this whole pretending thing will bring problems to us..." Lisa sighed "Jennie Kim..."

When she's three meters away from her apartment, a sad smile spreads on her lips seeing Jennie waiting for her outside. She fetched her phone from her pocket to call Jennie and to see her reaction.

One ring and Jennie already answered the call.

"Lis, where are you?" A sob was heard from the other line

"Who gave you the right to cry?" Lisa smiled when she saw how Jennie pouted

"I'm so sorry, Lili. Where are you? I'll go there and fetch you."

No matter how upset Lisa is, she's glad that Jennie is still keeping one of their promises; no one should go to bed without reconciling.

"Somewhere."

"Where is that somewhere, Lalisa? I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I fucked up. I messed up..." Jennie wiped her tears before they could even fall "But I'm trying and I will try harder to accept him. I admit that I'm selfish, you have every right to get mad at me. Who wouldn't? If I'll place myself in your situation, I'll probably hate myself too. This time, no promise will be broken because now..." Jennie sobbed "Now, I realized how I'm scared to lose you."

"You're right, you messed up but no matter how messed up you are, no matter how fucked up you are..." Lisa took a deep breath to stop herself from crying "I'll always find my own stupid reasons to love you."

"To love you in ways that only me knows." Lisa thought

"Lisa..."

"Stay where you are, no matter the situation we are in, I'll always be the one coming to you." Then Lisa ended the call and run towards the person who owned her heart from day one

Jennie saw Lisa running to her and when she was about to run Lisa shouted "I said that I'll come to you!"

Flashback

"I don't know if we'll see each other again, because I'm sure as hell that you won't give me your contact number, heck, I don't even know your name." V smiled brightly at Lisa "Please, be patient with her; to the girl, you're in love with. If you really want her to be yours, be patient because from what I heard from you, I think you have a chance. If she keeps on messing up, if she keeps on doing the things you don't like, if she keeps on hurting you, always remind yourself why you remained in love with her for a long time. But, in order for you to get her, one should get hurt."

"Her boyfriend." Lisa looked down "I don't want to hurt him. He loves her."

"That's part of love. If you want to win this war, you need to knock the opponent down."

"I don't care if I love you more than you love me. I don't care if it will take a while before you could accept Jungkook. I don't care if you're being unfair. All I care about is you." Lisa pulled Jennie in a tight embrace "I don't care if people will think that I'm stupid, you are my best friend and you are that only matters."

Jennie hugged Lisa back tighter "I think you're stupid for letting me treat you that way but I'm more stupid for letting myself hurt you."

"Just like what I've said, I don't care, as long as you stay with me, I won't care." Lisa kissed the top of Jennie's head while soothing her back "We're okay now, I think it's time for you to go home because your boyfriend might be looking for you and I still need to update my boyfriend that I'm home already."

Jennie shook her head while sobbing against Lisa's chest "No. I want to stay tonight with you. I feel like I've never seen you for a year. I miss sleeping next to you. Just for tonight, forget about our boyfriends."

Lisa smiled "If that's what you want. Let's get inside, I don't want us to get sick."

~~

"I think they are okay now. Let us all go home." Jungkook announced and was about to mount his motorbike

They are all watching the two from afar; Jennie's friends, Jungkook and Kai.

"Wait, Jennie needs to go with me tonight." Kai protested

He can't get rid of the inappropriate feeling inside his chest. No matter how he tries, he still feels jealous and what's more, bothering him is he shouldn't feel that way in the first place. He wanted to trust Jennie and her love for him but the more he sees how Jennie treats Lisa, makes him have a second thought.

"You're not jealous, aren't you?" Seulgi looked at Kai suspiciously "Oh my god! Are you actually jealous?"

"No, I'm not." Kai frowned "I just need Jennie tonight."

"Need in what? Bed, in particular?" Irene glared at him "Can you keep that in your pants just for tonight? Can't you see? You are the reason why they are fighting. If you didn't ask Jennie to date you this wouldn't happen."

And that was his last straw. Kai faced Irene and said "Is that what you really think of me? That I only want sex from Jennie? Huh? What did I do for you to hate me? I love your friend! I love her with everything I have is that not enough for you to at least pretend that you like me for her?" He looked at them one by one "You all think that I'm the main reason why the two are fighting. It was Jennie's choice to date me, to love me. It was her choice to break that promise. And for fuck's sake! It's not my fault that Jennie can't wrap around her head the fact that Lisa is not her baby anymore! You all think lowly of me and that's fine because I love your friend. I can stomach all your bitchiness, I can stand how you treat me but to tell me that I only love your friend for sex and blame me for all of these, I think that's not fair anymore."

"You think Jennie loves you? If she really loves you, tell me why she's been ignoring your calls?" Irene fought back

"What did you just say?" Kai grabbed Irene's wrist "Jennie loves me."

"Hey! You have no fucking right to touch my girlfriend!" Seulgi pushed the guy away from her girlfriend "My girlfriend is just stating facts here. We don't care if you love Jennie, we all care for our friend's happiness and we are just after for the right person for her and clearly, you're not that person."

"That's enough." Jungkook stood between them "Let's all go home." He patted Kai's shoulder "Jennie will go home tomorrow, give this night to them."

"I'll tell you this, you are not the one to decide who is the right person for Jennie. No one can." Then he get inside his car, slammed the door, and drove away

~~

-Justine