chapter 10

y/n pov

y/n pov

────────────────────

Present Mic's voice rang out, "We'll take a lunch break before moving on to the next round. See ya!" I tried going to the cafeteria to talk to the others, but get I was interrupted. "Kobayashi," I hear a cool voice say. I see Todoroki standing right in front of me in the hallway. "Can you come with me? I need to talk with you." He says before turning away and walking off. I stand up and follow after him, confusingly. he and I walk in silence before turning the corner. I see Izuku shaking heavily against the wall. I rush over to him, touching his shoulder. "You okay?" I ask. He just stares at me, "(Y/N)..?"

Todoroki glares at the two of us, clearing his throat. "The both of you are hiding something. I'm going to become the number one hero, I need to surpass All Might at any cost" he then looks midoriya straight in his eyes, "Are you secretly All Mights love child?" what's that supposed to even mean? I look over to Izuku to see that he is sweating buckets. Luckily, Izuku successfully reassures him that he isn't.

"Endeavor's my old man." uh oh, where is this leading to. "I'm sure you know that he's been stuck as the number two hero forever. I have more of a reason to beat you if you're connected to All Might" he said in a cold voice, If I wasn't a dragon I might have been a little scared of him. "My father has a strong desire to ride up in the world. And as a hero, he won a name for himself by force. Because of that, the living legend, All Might is an eyesore to him." Todoroki looks over at me for a quick second, before turning to look away. "Since he couldn't beat All Might, he turned to his next greatest plan."

"W-What are you talking about, T-Todoroki? What are you trying to tell us?" Izuku cautiously asks. "You've heard of quirk marriages, yeah?" He asks. Me and Izuku shake our heads, but I can guess what they are from the title. "That thing that became a problem for the third and fourth generations after quirks began to appear. It's choosing a spouse for yourself or your children, it's based solely on improving your quirk and having it passed on to your kids or grandchildren, forcing them into marriages." His voice became, even more, darker as he spoke.

"It's an old-fashioned way of thinking, my father is a man of both power and money. He won over my other's relatives and got ahold of my mother's quirk." I felt bad for being rude to him, but at the same time, I didn't. Sure, it sounds like his life sucks but so does everyone's, just cause he went through some bad things, doesn't mean he can just lash out at everyone he pleases.

"In my memories, my mother is always crying. 'Your left side is unsightly.'" He says before moving his hand over the scar on his eye. "That's what she told me, as she splashed boiling water on my face." I know what it's like to have bad parents, but that all stopped when I met lady Tohru and Miss Kobayashi. maybe he needs to find some nice people in his life. He stopped before looking at you. '' Kobayashi'' he says, ''yes?''' I respond.

"I won't pry into your own life, but I know your hiding something too. I'm going to beat you, all of you." He says before walking off. '' hey, todoroki'' he turns around to meet my face. '' I'm sorry for the past you've been through and I hope that you find some nice people in your life to make you better, but...'' He looks me in my eyes confused, '' If you want to beat me, you'll have to train for over a hundred years. cause it never will happen.'' His face turned into anger fast but he turns away and walks away. Izuku stares at where he once stood, in disbelief. what just happened.

────────────────────

I'm currently with present mic and Aizawa waiting for the next event. "It's time for the last game! But before that, for those who didn't make it to the final round- there are recreational games for everyone!" Present Mic yells. Suddenly, after a rush of silence, my teacher speaks in the mic, "What are they doing?" I look down to see that the girls in my class are wearing cheerleader outfits. '' Is this a part of the event?'' I ask Aizawa. ''no, but from the look on their faces I can tell they were tricked'' that sucks. Before the recreational games begin, midnight instructs students to draw lots to organize match-ups for the final round: a one-on-one fighting competition.

Kirishima and sero explain to mina that the final round of the festival differs every year, although it is always a one-on-one competition. Ojiro withdraws himself from the competition before the lots are drawn, shocking everyone in his class. He points out that he was used as a puppet by shinso during the Cavalry Battle, and his pride won't allow him to continue without knowing how he got there. So he was mind-controlling people to join him, interesting. some guy in class 1-B also requests to resign, feeling that he does not deserve to participate in the finals.

With all the participants set, Midnight discloses all of the match-ups for the first bracket:

────────────────────

Izuku Midoriya vs. Hitoshi Shinso

Shoto Todoroki vs. Hanta Sero

Ibara Shiozaki vs. Denki Kaminari

Tenya Iida vs. Mei Hatsume

Mina Ashido vs. Yuga Aoyama

Fumikage Tokoyami vs. Momo Yaoyorozu

Eijiro Kirishima vs. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Katsuki Bakugo vs. Ochaco Uraraka

────────────────────

This is gonna be a lot of fun, I can feel it.

to be continued...