chapter 11

y/n pov

y/n pov

────────────────────

The recreational games commence and many of the finals qualifiers use the opportunity to prepare themselves. After Cementoss finishes building the fighting arena, the finals begin. "Audience! The finals that you have all been waiting for are about to begin! Match number one, what's with that face?! Izuku Midoriya from class 1A!" yells present mic. I look to see Izuku walking on stage. "Versus- Sorry, he hasn't done anything to stand out yet. It's Hitoshi Shinso from general studies!" Present Mic says. My classmates stop cheering and some give small applause.

"Begin the injuries! We've got our very own recovery girl here waiting on standby. Put your morals and ethics behind it, Nothing life-threatening is allowed. Hero's should only use their powers for the greater good" shouts present mic, I have a feeling that's what gonna happen. The battle begins and Hitoshi taunts Izuku about something and gets him to talk, activating his Brainwashing quirk. This shinso guy is wickedly sneaky, might have a word with him later. The crowd watches in horror as Izuku stands immobile in the middle of the ring.

Aizawa then tells me why the U.A. Entrance Exam is flawed; Shinso has a powerful Quirk, however, he was not admitted to the hero course because the practical exam was based on scoring points by fighting robotic villains. So basically, if the test was different then he would be in our class. He tells Izuku he is lucky to have been blessed with a heroic Quirk, then orders Izuku to turn around and walk out of bounds. Izuku obeys and starts walking towards the edge of the ring, much to the shock of everyone watching. such a powerful quirk, will it work on me?

Suddenly, Izuku can move his fingers just enough to break them and regain control of his own body. huh, wonder how he did that. Shinso watches in dismay and tries to get Izuku to talk to him again. Shinso realizes that Ojiro warned Izuku, as Izuku refuses to talk. He continues to try and force a reaction out of Izuku by talking about how his Quirk puts him at a disadvantage and how Izuku is blessed to have a heroic Quirk.

Midoriya continues to fight and tries to push Shinso out of bounds. Hitoshi punches him in the face and at his broken fingers to break his hold. He tries to push Izuku out of bounds, but the latter counters with a shoulder throw that sends Hitoshi out of bounds. Good thinking Midoriya. The match ends with Izuku as the winner, and Shota comments on how Izuku used every trick he's picked up at U.A. to win the match.

The next battle between sero and Shoto begins immediately. Hanta starts strong and nearly throws Shoto out of the ring, but the latter takes out his aforementioned anger by freezing Hanta in a giant ice prison. Everyone watches in disbelief of Shoto's power, and then midnight confirms that Hanta is immobilized, giving Shoto the win. Shoto apologizes to Hanta for going overboard, blaming it on his anger. He uses his left arm to melt away the ice, well I can see why he thinks he can beat anybody. But it's still ice, ice that can be destroyed.

Once the massive amount of ice Todoroki created is cleared from the stadium, the third match in the first bracket of the finals tournament begins. The bout is between Ibara Shiozaki from class 1-B  and Denki Kaminari. Present mic introduces Ibara as an "assassin" which she takes exception to and decides to correct him. She claims that it is her humble quest to spread well across the world and that she would never kill her opponent. So like a pacifist? 

The announcer apologizes while Denki muses over how cute he thinks Ibara is. He regains his focus and asks Ibara out on a date, promising to console her after her defeat. Denki starts the battle with his Indiscriminate Shock technique, but Ibara blocks it with her Vines Quirk and ensnares Denki at the same time. With her opponent immobilized and short-circuited, Ibara is declared the winner of the match.

The fourth match is supposed to begin next, but Tenya equips support gear and midnight scolds him for it. He pleads for her to allow it because Mei offered him the equipment to keep the match fair. Amused by Tenya's sportsmanship, Midnight allows him to wear the equipment and the "battle" begins. I don't know why midnight made those weird faces though, also I could feel the anger resonating off Aizawa.

During the match, Mei uses the opportunity to advertise her support items instead of fighting. After ten minutes of cat and mouse, Mei leaves the ring and apologizes for tricking Tenya, who is deeply upset that she turned their match into a commercial for her support items. very sneaky from her, I'm starting to notice that a lot of people here a sneaky.

Mina and yuga duel in the fifth contest. Yuga rapidly fires his beam at Mina, but she slides swiftly across the ring to evade his lasers using her acid Quirk. Yuga gets a stomach ache after shooting off a large beam and Mina uses this opening to melt Yuga's belt and uppercut him. Yuga is knocked unconscious and Mina moves on to the next round. Well, that was fast.

The sixth contest begins at once, with Tokoyami facing off against momo. The latter nervously contemplates her strategy, but the fight suddenly begins and Fumikage uses his Dark Shadow to barrage her with a flurry of strikes. She can create a simple shield to block him, but Fumikage focuses his attacks on her shield and pushes her out of bounds, ending the match rather quickly. I feel bad for ver, she never got the chance to show off her skills.

As the seventh match between Kirishima and Tetsu Tetsu begins, After striking one another over and over again, Eijiro and Tetsutetsu knock each other out. Midnight affirms that the match is a draw and the winner will be decided after the next match via an arm-wrestling contest. Kirishima wins and befriends Tetsutetsu, and the next two participants take the field for the final fight of the first bracket: Ochaco Uraraka versus Katsuki Bakugo. I'm excited about this fight.

to be continued...