Invited

They are 17.

It's been 3 years since I graduated from FTRS. 2 years ago I fell out of touch with my friends. I haven't seen my friends since graduating.

Write about that. All they ever tell you to write about is love, but you lost that as soon as you lost touch with the boy.

Oh shut up. I have to tell my thoughts to shut up so freaking often it's ridiculous. Ever since I lost touch with my friends that voice in the back of my head won't be quiet about how much I miss them.

"Miss Cobbler! A letter has arrived for you!" I hear my manager, Sean (See-Ann) Jonea (Jone-a), say. (Sean Jonea is also an original character, one of my friends invented her name.)

A letter? Probably some fan mail again.

Being a famous singer (Inspired by @the_blessed_child) is pretty fun, but I wish I were something else. Like chief of police.

I stand from my desk and walk over to my Sean. She hands me a letter and I open it carefully.

Dear Gillian Cobbler,
On this day we would like to invite you to join us in celebrating the 5 year anniversary for you and your friends defeating Stiltskin and Alva. If you wish to attend please send back a letter to let us know.
Best wishes,
The Fairy Tale Reform School Staff

I freeze. 5 years. A memory hits my like a punch to the stomach.

The 5 years from now paper. Jax's 5 years from now paper.

I remember the words like I had read them yesterday.

I guess I'll just need a queen. And maybe, just maybe, I already have one in mind.

Who had he been talking about? Will he be with her at the celebration? Guess I'll find out.

I pick up a quill and write a letter accepting the invitation.

"Sean, please send this to FTRS." I tell my manager, handing her the note.

I suppose it's long past time for a reunion.