Chapter 9 - Falling

~ Ten years ago ~

Two men laid entangled together on top of the moist moss.

Naked.

"Doesn't it bother you that we might never see each other again?" Kristof asked.

It was a magical night, but it would also be their last hours together before they would go their separate ways.

"Of course, it does Kris. But I'm a free soul. I go where the wind takes me. You know that," Tristan replied to his eleven-year-younger lover.

"Yes...I know...you have always been honest to me about your feelings," Kristof admitted. He couldn't help feeling disappointed, though.

"That's right." Tristan kissed Kristof on his head, snuggling his nose in the other's hair, sniffing in deep. "Hmm, you smell so good."

"It's just, I... I love you," Kristof answered as he caressed Tristan's chest hair. His head rested on top of Tristan's chest. He loved listening to the man's heartbeat.

"No, you don't, honey. You love to fuck me... But you don't love me. Believe me, Kris. I know. I have much more life's experience than you."

"Don't always use the same excuse, Tristan. I'm not a child."

"Well, you are only twenty-two years old. You're still wet behind your ears."

"You can't tell me what to feel." Kristof raised his head to look at Tristan.

"I know I can't. Because you won't listen anyway. But one day you will understand what I mean. When you meet the one. You will feel it in your heart. What you feel for me is only lust and that's not the same. However, I don't complain about that...because I love your lust..." Tristan said before he gave Kristof a long kiss on the lips. The older was rather proud of himself for turning Kristof into such a great lover. "And when you meet him, the one," Tristan continued. "Then that man can praise himself lucky with a beautiful soulmate like you."

"I will miss you so much," Kristof said while letting his head rest again.

"I know...I'll miss you too. But who knows, maybe we'll meet again one day."

~ Present time ~

"Ah, is that so? Hmmm...Kiss him then..." the King ordered.

Armin heard the voice of a lady behind him: "that man is too ugly to be even kissed by a frog."

Oh, he would show her. He turned to face Kristof, who could hardly process what was going on. The man looked at him with shocked eyes.

Armin took a step closer, closing the distance between them, and placed his hands on Kristof's cheeks. He heard the people whispering and sighing with anticipation.

Slowly, Armin leaned forward.

Kristof couldn't believe it. Was this really happening? He felt his heart racing, pounding in his chest. It pounded so fiercely, Kristof thought it would break his chest. This was a feeling he never experienced before. Not even with Tristan. He almost began to hyperventilate when he saw Armin closing his eyes and felt his nose brush against his own. Armin's sweet hot breath blew against his lips. Just a little bit until...

"Stop!" The King yelled loudly, so everyone could hear. "This is enough. We don't need to see such a vulgar act of public affection here in the palace!"

Armin let go of Kristof and they looked each other deep in the eyes before Armin turned to face the King. His knees felt like jelly. He looked at the King with a look that could kill. He had about enough of this man's teasing! He treated them as if they were his toys. People weren't puppets for him to play with!