Going Home

Iwo's POV

We were thrown into the fray there, was an opening which we punched through making our way into the middle where the Empress is. Once we arrived at her location, she closed off our exit. It was a trap, memories from that nightmare seeped into my mind, soon the first explosions hit us. I was unable to do anything as if time stopped a bright light soon approached me.

???: "Do you wish it to end the same as you foresaw?"

Iwo: "No, I have so much to protect. The home that I wish to see, the smile of my family and friends. I can't give up now since I made this promise to myself, and it's way too early to give up." The light gets a little more visible which was another version of myself.

Iwo (Alt): "Good, they'll need you now more than ever." Time soon resumes.

Takao: "Ma'am your orders?"

Iwo: "All hands retreat, I'll clear a path!" Good thing I packed special missiles for this, I soon fire off creating a hole back the way we came which was made of layers of Klein fields. "We don't have much time let's go!" They soon pull out, but I decided to stay to face the monster herself.

Empress: "I was certain you'd run."

Iwo: "No this ends now!"

I charge at her with all my strength but was stopped by a wall, soon it changes all-around me showing the rest of the future, voices soon cry out in pain. I know these are all false because I won't let it happen, I close my eyes and focus on the footsteps. I soon hear them to the stern she charges at me, and I repelled it with my blade.

Iwo: "I see so you're using illusions to fool me, not bad." She retreats.

Empress: "Your friends will be captured, and along with it on your knees."

Iwo: "We'll see about that."

It continues to play, but I know they're not real, still with my eyes closed I fight with my blade and bow. I aimed my arrows at specific areas to bring them down. I open my eyes and what followed was an intense duel with her and my blades clashing, I thought to myself 'I'm not fast enough, I need to be faster. I need to focus.' Over and over till I could feel myself being lighter and I saw that a light formed around me, if I'm not wrong in an anime it's called Utsushi which was an energy-like state. No matter I'll beat her with this, I use my Jin'i to propel myself into a range of her inflicting minor injuries.

Empress: "How."

Before she could finish, I go in again scoring multiple hits across her body. Now she's on her knees.

Empress: "I still win in the end everyone prepares to fire on her!"

Iwo: "You might want to reconsider that."

Empress: "Why? Got some secret weapon or reinforcements?"

Iwo: "Yeah, and I've got you right where I want you." Soon after they appeared.

Purifier: "Empress there are multiple bombers in the sky."

Empress: "It's no threat prepare to fire."

The bombers dropped their payload of the 5 aircraft 4 were cluster bombs, and the last was a big bomb. The aircraft overhead we're B-29's, how they're here and remained undetected was because many hours before the briefing and just after I returned, I felt that maybe to be safe I'll get them airborne.