Duels of the Samurai

Iwo's POV

It's already early Saturday morning, I woke up and draw the curtain to check the weather it's not going to rain anytime soon. I got myself changed into my exercise wear and headed into the kitchen sometimes passes after I started a set of footsteps could be heard approaching my location. I turn around to see who it was my guess is one of the 3 kids.

Fuyu: "Mom, what are you doing up this early?"

Iwo: "As you can see, I'm making breakfast before going out to train."

Fuyu: "Then I'll come with you." I patted her head.

Iwo: "Ok but be ready for a tough routine."

Fuyu: "I'm more than ready."

We went through my usual routine which was running 4 miles, followed by 50 pushups, and 30 burpees after that we got to my favorite part of the training.

Fuyu: "So we're doing a duel."

Iwo: "You bet we are doing it here." I tossed her a Shinai and she caught it nicely. "Now then shall we."

Fuyu: "Eh! I haven't trained at all for this."

Iwo: "There's no need to train, cause the matches are training to use your instincts."

I charged at her head-on aiming for the head she blocks it, after several minutes I noticed she was doing well since she's countering my attacks with no problem, and even at times I was set on the back foot. By the end of this confrontation, I came out the victor but barely, had she had my level of stamina she could easily overpower me.

Iwo: "Here you go drink up," I passed her my bottle.

Fuyu: "You're good at this."

Iwo: "True but that's because I had years of experience."

Fuyu: "Um why are we training Kendo?"

Iwo: "Well that's because if you remember there's a tournament coming up, and I'm going in to win." As if on cue my background was on fire.

Fuyu: "I'll join too." She was intimidated by this since my resolve was so strong.

Iwo: "You don't have to if you don't want it."

Fuyu: "No, I'm going too." She like me has a strong resolve to the point that her background was on fire.

Iwo: "Well then let's see each other at the finals."

Fuyu: "Yeah."

After a week of training the competition arrived, it was intense with many great matches particularly those from the Sakura Empire, it was tough climbing my way to the top, after my matches I'd keep track of my daughter and surprisingly enough she too made it to the finals.

Iwo: "Looks like you kept your promise."

Fuyu: "Yeah I didn't want to disappoint you by dropping out before I fulfill it. Now it's only to beat you."

Iwo: "I see, then let this fight be the best I've had yet."

Fuyu's POV

This is the fight that I was waiting for since we started training for the competition, as we drew our Shinai's I could feel an unsettling aura coming from her, nothing I've felt from her during our sessions.

She kept up the pressure from the start by attacking on and on, unlike our sessions she always kept me on the backfoot. I had an incredibly hard time blocking each attack always, never twice did she strike at the same angle, after what to me seemed like forever I finally lost by being stuck at the side.

Iwo: "Well done."

Fuyu: "Eh, I didn't get to attack you."

Iwo: "True but you still managed to hold off my attacks for half an hour, not many can withstand me at full strength for this long, the only ones who could do this are Shimakaze and Zuikaku."

Fuyu: "Really?"

Iwo: "Yeah really, c'mon I'll treat you to an ice cream you can have anything you want."

Fuyu: "Anything?" She nods her head. "Then I'll have your homemade Mocha Syrup."

Iwo: "Got it, now then let's go home." I nodded my head.

Now my apologies if this is short but for me, I'm still trying to get used to writing with more fun elements in it like the other main anthology books 'After the Storm'. These to me are entirely new concepts to write about, but I'll try my best to give the best story possible.

Now as for 'Warriors from another world (pt.2)' I would not be doing it because I'm getting the vibes that it'll be the repeat of the first, but more importantly I also have to get the script for 'The Samurai of the Eagle Union' started as early as Mid-2022 though I'll drop one more preview chapter on April 18th, 2022, 80 years after the infamous Dolittle Raid.

This preview is more focused on certain ships that I would pull into the story by starting with the same format as I did with 'The Unfinished Sisters' first chapter for their introduction.