05 ) what is love?

i want to know, what is love?

"Jongseong, she's not functioning properly," Jiyoon whispers into the phone, my eyes stuck on the mirror in front of me

"Jongseong, she's not functioning properly," Jiyoon whispers into the phone, my eyes stuck on the mirror in front of me. Jongseong slides closer to my end, looking around before he decides to poke me. I don't budge. "God, did you tell her something again? Remember the time you told her that Sunoo-"

"We don't have to remind her about that," Jongseong hushes, shaking his head. He stresses slightly, but all I can think about is Sunoo, I mean uh, my school tie, I mean uh... let's forget about it. I feel Jongseong's shake of my shoulders, bringing me out of my momentary trance. "Oh, she's alive. Areum, what's wrong? Why are you dazing out at such a moment? It's lunchtime, and Sunoo's been sitting alone waiting for you."

"He has?!" I gasp, suddenly looking over at him. Then, my eyes avert to Sunoo, who's too busy stabbing his pork with his chopsticks. I don't let either of them speak before I grab my lunchbox, almost tripping over the metal seats as I charge towards him. He sees me from a mile away, widening his eyes as I jump across the lunchroom like a slow-mo picture. "Sunoo~!"

"A-Areum!?" He stammers as I hit my head on the edge of the table, folded over onto the seat. It feels like everything is quiet, but nobody but Sunoo and my siblings notice. I can hear the small snickering leaving Sunoo's mouth muffled by his hand. I'm so embarrassed. What am I doing?! I feel a hand run against my back, soon poking me as the giggle erupts from over me. "You're so cute, Areum. You didn't have to rush over here when you saw me, but it was a great performance. Thanks!"

He called me cute. He called me cute! Can you believe that guys, I was called cute! Jiyoon, Jongseong, I got called- oh right, I'm talking to myself.

I slowly get up, placing my lunchbox on the table as Sunoo returns to his seat. His smile is neverending and my heart palpitates with every glance. Is this the possibility of love? "What do you have for lunch today, Areum? Oh, and did you get dress-coded? I hope my tie wasn't too long."

"No, I made it past the uniform assistants. How about you? Did they go after you?" He slowly nods, causing my heart to fall. I frown, but his frown is even bigger following mine. "Shoot. I'm sorry, Sunoo. I didn't mean for you to get in trouble, I-"