18 ) take it slow!

i want to burn in all of your love

We arrive at the park on the first day of Winter Break, and it isn't actually as warm as it should be at this time

We arrive at the park on the first day of Winter Break, and it isn't actually as warm as it should be at this time. It's kind of windy and that cruel cold that you see with snow is out! The only ones wearing jackets are Sunoo and my brother. I'm not that cold because I've adjusted to this weather, but Jiyoon is screaming in pain as she tries to pull at Jongseong's coat. "Hand it over already! You're wearing four layers! One layer won't hurt you!"

"Stop!" Jongseong pushes her hands off, punching her in the bare shoulder. "You're the one that said beauty is pain, and your sacrifices to look pretty would have nothing to do with the weather. I have no reason to give you my jacket when you're fiercely unprepared."

As Sunoo and I watch them argue, I find myself trailing slower. Maybe because a part of me wanted to wait a little longer, I wanted to savor this moment a bit better. Of course, I'd probably enjoy it better if I could hold hands with Sunoo, but we're still a beautiful secret kept from my older brother.

There's no place I'd rather be, though, than besides family. Sunoo is technically family now. Knowing our secret of secrecy from the very beginning (though not the touchiest subject,) being our neighbor, and getting to see past my weirdness, although, that's what fascinates him, he's one of us.

Not in the marriage way, of course! However, that in itself wouldn't be another bad idea-!

No, here we go again, Park Areum. You keep losing your mind at the thought of Sunoo being completely yours. Let's stay in our lane, even at the dating stage. Suddenly, as my eyes meet Sunoo's, the two in front of us turn. I clear my throat as I hide my blush, trying not to look at Sunoo's smirk.

However, in Jongseong's eyes, I think he saw something else from my reaction. He pulls me forward, away from Sunoo (shoving Jiyoon in the process) as he clears his throat. Ah... so he remembered...

"After today... if nothing happens, if Sunoo doesn't interfere, and if the date is successful, then I will finally give up. It's been four years already, Jongseong. I can't just keep waiting around like this. Maybe it's time that I..."