Chapter 17

After stepping out of one car we were shooed into another. The car we were put in was a rolls royce. One of my all time favorite cars. As we drive down the street people crowded around the car as we pushed through. Eventually we made it out of the sea of people down to a much clearer street.

  The car stopped at this house. Actually it looked more like a palace. It had a red tint to the house and palm trees were everywhere. I was pulled out the car and into the house. The agents left before I could ask anything

  "is anyone there" I called out 

  "is that you Kelly" I heard a voice call out and echo through the house.

  The voice was memorizing I have to to admit.

  A man with long brown hair that reached his shoulders. I immediately knew it was him. He had slight aging but he looked exactly the way he did in the pictures I saw of him in 1971. for a a man that was about 42 years old he still looked like a 27 year old.

  I stood there and stared at him as he stared at me. He slowly walked up to me pushing a curl behind my ear. His hand touched my face and he acted like I was a figment of his imagination.

  " your real" He said

  I reached my hand up touching his face.

  "your alive" I said

  he laughed then pulled me into a hug. it was odd yet warming. his hug reminded me of the ones mum would give me. I started to cry tears of happiness, sadness, and Anger.

  " it's okay don't cry" He said pulling away.

   I smiled at him and wiped the tears away.

  " here your really here" I said

  "I am I really am" Jim said

  After our little routine we went out to his backyard. A good body of water and palm trees with a tiny beach was out there. It was nice. The whole place was like a resort really.

   We sat there in silence neither of us talked we just stared at each other. I decided to break the silence.

   " when did you figure out about me" I asked him

  " well your mother sent me a letter a year before I came down here I sent money but not for long then once I had left to here and once you became 5 and that happened to your mother I was gonna try to adopt you but sherrily told me not to so I didn't but I told her that one day I would and now your here" he said

  I don't think she told him that I was staying with him for only a week.

  "Jim did she tell you how long I was staying" I asked him

  " no but she said that if you come that you were in my custody" he said hopeful

  " I don't think she told you but I'm staying with you for a week every 6 months" I explained to him

  his expression saddened and he looked at the ground.

  " oh at least we have this time together..um I'll be back" He said then getting up and talking back inside.

  I sighed and looked through my pocket book and grabbed my book. I continued to read. What a long week this is gonna be I thought.