xxiii. the movie date

So then Kongpob is chasing after Arthit, who in turn is chasing after Kong. 

What a life. 

"So you and yourself are in a love triangle with Arthit?" Mr. Khan asked while helping Kongpob with Kong's huge backpack. 

Kongpob hummed and straightened his sweater. "That's my life now. Can you call it a love triangle though when technically, there are only two people there?"

Mr. Khan shrugged. "I don't know how to call this because it's that complicated. But to Arthit, Kong and K are different people so yes, it's a love triangle to Arthit."

Kongpob shook his head. "I don't think he considers this a love triangle since he's adamant on telling me I don't have a chance on him. You don't know how many times he already told me it's only Kong for him."

"Does that mean you're giving up on Arthit?"

"Of course not!" Kongpob scoffed. "Have I given up on anything yet, Loong? And to a nerd of all people?" 

Said nerd is looking at him now in his full body-sized mirror. Kongpob glared at himself. 

"To yourself of all people, do you mean?"

Mr. Khan opened a box for him where Kong's colorful collection of wristwatch is placed. Kongpob picked the yellow one because it's Arthit's favorite. 

"You should hear what the people in my department said about my wristwatch," Kongpob scoffed and strapped it around him. "They told me I stole it from a kid."

Mr. Khan laughed. "It's a wonder you held yourself from punching them."

"They'd get more than a punch from me." 

Kongpob stared at himself in the mirror for a good minute to make sure he looked presentable. He might have a lame fashion but Kongpob always wanted to look very clean. 

Once satisfied, Kongpob raised his glasses higher and set off to have another day with his two-faced life. 

/

Kongpob rolled his eyes and glared first before entering their department. As soon as he walked inside, everyone was giving him looks, the first time since he started working here. Kongpob used to be invisible here but he expected this to happen after events. 

He kept his head bowed down as he walked towards his assigned seat but stopped when he heard someone yelling, "Junior!"

Kongpob looked up. "Are you calling me, P'?"

"Who else?" The same guy who mocked his socks from yesterday gave him papers. "There, I need 3 copies of each and give it to Khun Paga after that."

"Yes, P'." 

Kongpob gulped, he heard from Arthit how strict that lady could be. She's probably going to eye his inappropriate clothing in the office. 

"Give it to her as soon as you can. Stop slacking."

"Yes, P'."

Arthit's right. He's going to be a corporate lackey for them. Kongpob made sure to hide from Arthit because he didn't want the guy questioning him again. Fortunately for him, Bright only smiled at him when the guy saw him. 

An hour after, as their lackey, Kongpob was once again tasked to buy them their food. This time they gave money. Yesterday, the team leader told Kongpob that they wouldn't pay for the food anymore because it's his treat to them and Kongpob could only nod.

To hide from Arthit, Kongpob waited in the garden while Mr. Khan bought the food for him. If Arthit saw him today, that guy would start to riot. Arthit for sure would talk to HR to report this bullying, and it might expose Kongpob's real identity. The C.E.O. might ask him to ultimately stop... The more reasons to hide this from Arthit.