xiv. the presentation

Hello 👋

//

At the day of the proposal of their presentation to the C.E.O, Arthit had been restless.

By the time they present themselves to the C.E.O, Kongpob's sure Arthit wouldn't have his whole hand anymore as he kept on biting his nails. He was also pacing on the ground, Kongpob, seeing him like that, also began to get nervous so he decided to stop Arthit.

"P', P', wait wait" Kongpob stopped Arthit by his shoulders and turned Arthit to face him. "What's wrong? Why are you so nervous?"

Arthit looked like on the verge of crying. "Knot, he's still not here and it's just minutes before he presents our proposal"

"Have you called him yet?"

"Yes. He wasn't answering. I also tried texting him but I can't reach him" Arthit chewed on his lower lip. He looked really distraught. "Kong, what are we going to do?"

"I'll try it P'. I'll call him again" Kongpob pushed Arthit to the bench behind him to sit him there. "Rest for a while, okay? Calm down P'. Here, I bought a pink milk for you earlier, drink this while I call P'Knot" Kongpob gave Arthit the pink milk and stood up to pull his connections and ask HR department to ask for Knot's parent's numbers in case Knot didn't answer his call as well but Kongpob had not taken even one step yet when Arthit stopped him.

Arthit had his hand wrapped around his wrist. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to call P'Knot"

"Can't you just do it here beside me? Don't leave me Kong"

Kongpob had no choice but to nod and sat beside Arthit. After several rings, Knot finally picked up his call.

"Hello P'-"

"Hey Kong" Knot's voice sounded very troubled mixed in with exhaustion, he sounded like he had not slept for the whole night. "Listen, I can't come there today for the presentation, I'm here at the hospital right now because something came up. Tell Arthit I'm really sorry, I'll be going. I still need to do something"

"Okay P', we'll visit you later"

"Thank you Kong"

Kongpob ended the call.

"What did he say? Where is he? Is he still going? Is he just late?"

"P', P'Knot's at the hospital, something happened and so he can't come. He told me to say how sorry he is"

"What?" Arthit slumped back on his seat even more and buried his face in his hands. "What are we going to do now? No one's going to present our proposal Kong"

"But how about you P'? Surely you know it P', you did almost all of it"

Arthit shook his head. "I can't, I get tongue tied and mental block whenever I presented. Kong, this is going to be a mess. I can't do this"

Kongpob held Arthit by his shoulders and faced Arthit to him. "P', you can do this"

"The last time I did, I almost costed all our positions here. I can't do it anymore, Kong. I'm going to throw all the hard works we did for a month"

"Of course not P'"

"I just want to run away from here"

"We can't do that P'"

"Then what are we going to do? We don't have a choice. I can't think of anything" Arthit chewed his lower lip again. "I just want to lie on my bed right now. Ugh, this is so stressing"

Seeing Arthit looking so frustrated, Kongpob had decided. He's going to let Arthit see who Kongpob really is just for this day, a very un-Kong personality. His disguise be damned but he's not going to let Arthit suffer.