08|

JULY 2009

JULY 2009

Tuesday 07

Leon's involvement in this is something I now regret. I ought to have stopped him right away on the first day.

Pigman and 93 must be made aware by now. These menacing notes we've been receiving are evidence of that. There must be a spy on our squad. However, who could it be?

Thursday 08

Mr. Thomas' Note 

Document files

The letter 

Leon's airline ticket 

Saturday 10

Tomorrow is Leon's flight. He must flee before they capture him. Now, it's almost finished. We can quickly round those bastards.

Wednesdays 15

What should I say? Should I describe how he was killed inhumanely? Should I express how unjust his death was in writing?

That poor girl is struggling to survive. What did she do to deserve this punishment?

I'm solely to blame. The devastation of their family is entirely my fault. How naive I was to believe someone like Pigman couldn't possibly be any faster than us!

Wednesday 22

They're looking for me. The fourth murder of the year might happen at any time.

I am unable to speak to Martha. What kind of announcement is that for a man's pitiful exit? I need to see Leon's girl first if I'm going tomorrow.

I want to apologize. Despite the fact that she cannot hear me. That's the very best I can do now. What a pathetic man I am!

Every day, fate will surprise you in some way. I hadn't really considered how harsh fatal judgments could be until much later. Who makes this decision? Why must their choices be so inequitable? And why are we expected to suffer in this play called life? A play created by someone who only wanted us to endure suffering till death took us away.

I was hoping Colin's journal would offer me a solution. Yet, all I got was a new query.

"You're not a mere dream, aren't you?"

"How can you tell ?"

"I sensed it from the start." I reached out and caressed his cheek, feeling a cold shiver run down my spine. Yet I was not keen on pulling back. Even this cold was warmer than the void made by his absence. His skin was pale and smooth, like marble. "I know you aren't here, but you're here as well."

"Not scared ?" he stared into my eyes. The usual glimmer was not there. He was not blinking either.

"Of what?" I asked as I tucked an impish strand of his raven hair out of his face. It used to be silky but I could not feel that anymore.

"Of the ghost of your boyfriend. Who haunts your dreams... Every night..." He looked away. He seemed conflicted about his own acts. I heard a faint whisper in my ear. Someone whispered an apology to me.

"No. I was glad. I was glad to see you. I was glad to hear from you. I still am. But you need to let me help you. I know you're lost."

I pulled him closer and hugged him. There was not the heartbeat that used to lull me to sleep once. He was silent. He was gazing at me, still. His skin has turned even whiter than it was and there was no sign of emotion.

"Let me save you, Leon. Let me guard you this time...as you did in the past.s As you do even now..."

I kissed him softly, hoping to break the spell that held him captive. Hoping to break free from this terrifying dream that parted us. Made us suffer beyond what we deserved. But as soon as our lips met, he vanished into thin air.

Sometimes it seems like this. Leon would find peace if I succeeded, and if I failed, I might be able to merge with him as a ghost. Together, we could haunt those evil twits.

The diary we discovered at Colin's carried some questionable information. So we decided to give it to the cops. Leon's coworker Mr. Smith, who joined the investigation into our accident, agreed to reexamine both cases. Over the past two months, investigations had turned up some alarming information about a bribe event that took place inside the BrandXL.

Once Mr Colin got the hunch he had begun to gather proof against the guilty parties, covertly with Leon's assistance.

Mr Thomas Colin is the lone cousin of the late Mr Samuel Colin. He was well know by his tag "93". He had been a share holder of the same business as Mr. Colin before losing his fortune in gambling and drugs. Since the very first day of getting into the wrong path he had never looked back but rather drove in the first gear to his own demise. He had engaged in all manner of nefarious activities with his submissive student Pigman who he had so unfortunately met during one of those visits of his to jail, whose name was listed on the "Wanted" list as a murderer who has already committed and supported in over three murders.

And stealing from BrandXL's treasury had been his side hustle.

The death of Mr Samuel Colin and that of my beloved Leon Dutch were both reported in detail after we left Colin's Bungalow that day, and the reports were printed in the publications of our agency. At the same time, Mr Smith discovered proof that the accidents that claimed the lives of Mr Colin and Mr Leon were planned by 93.

As soon as they learned that there were investigations, Pigman and 93 ran away and were nowhere to be found. Since a few months ago, no one has seen them and I'm the only one who has heard from them; I receive threatening calls twice a week.

"Miss Sara Jane Parker, or should I say Sara Jane Dutch?"

"Coward, come out from behind that shell you're hiding in." I shouted into the phone and another blast of laugh echoed from the other end.

"Haha, look at this girl. Still so devoted to her dead lover. He is gone baby. Get over him already."

"You sun of a bitch! What do you want?"

"Ah, ah, ah... Baby, I want what I want. And regardless of how, I'm taking it. Just keep an eye out for how I win this game. Ah, ah, ah."

What a disgusting laugh it was. Just hearing that made me feel sick to the very core.

I hadn't been back at home in the past autumn. I had not seen Andi or Mrs Monika for so long. It was only Rayan who knew where I was staying. Mr Smith suggested we stay in a secure place as Pigman was a devil who never thought twice before slaughtering one. So, Rayan bought this apartment and came to stay with me when I told him I don't want Andi or aunt to get involved in this. 

He even invented a first-class lie when we packed to leave home saying that we are going to live together but as he got a new job we are moving out of Texas. Mrs Monika was over the moon with the news of me finally getting over Leon and settling with someone, in her point of view, better. We were under guard by police for most of the time so Pigman could never get me though he was dying for it. By now they have tried to kill us more than twice, the only two times we left our safe zone. My stubbornness to blame of course.

I didn't want to risk anyone's life anymore. Yet I couldn't do nothing and sit around by a fireplace as the winter approached. I needed to get them out of where they were hiding. 

I just wanted this to be done. My way. Not theirs. And it did not matter if that meant that it cost more than one would anticipate.