10|

I was woken up to the sound of water droplets falling somewhere nearby, like a leaky faucet

I was woken up to the sound of water droplets falling somewhere nearby, like a leaky faucet. It was incredibly irritating.

Why couldn't someone fix it already?

And what was with the blinding light that was piercing through my eyelids?

I tried to open my eyes, but they felt like they weighed a ton. Eventually, I managed to crack them open, and I was met with the sight of a white ceiling. The sound of the droplets was just the saline supply, I realized. The room was cold and sterile, with only the hum of machines and the occasional beep of monitors to break the silence. I couldn't feel my limbs. 'Great,' I thought sarcastically. 'Another six months in bed. At least I'm not paralyzed or in a coma this time.'

Suddenly, the door burst open, and Andi rushed into the room. Her voice was echoing off the walls. "Saraaaaaaahh.." In came like a tornado was my best friend, Andi Robinson.

I wanted to tell her to keep it down, but my lips wouldn't cooperate. All I could manage was a stuttered, "A..A..Andi.."

As Andi came closer, her face became clearer. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying, and I could see the worry etched onto her face. She grabbed my hand, and her grip was tight and reassuring.

"I'm so glad you're awake," she said, her voice hoarse from emotion. "We've been so worried about you."

I tried to speak, but my throat was dry, and no words would come out. Andi must have seen the fear in my eyes because she quickly reassured me.

"Don't worry, Sara. You're going to be okay. Pigman jumped from the 5th floor of the building after shooting you. He killed himself," she said.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Pigman was gone, but I wondered if he had done it willingly or if he was pushed. I saw Leon there. And he was there for me.

I remembered hearing a loud commotion as I lay there in that abandond building, barely conscious. It sounded like a fight had broken out between Pigman and someone else. I could hear cursing and pleading for life mixed together. I couldn't make out what was happening, but the sounds were terrifying. Suddenly, there was a loud thud, and it sounded like something heavy had hit the ground.

It was followed by an eerie silence, and I wondered if I was the only one left alive. I tried to open my eyes, but the pain was too intense. I felt like my body was on fire. I could barely move. It was then that I heard footsteps approaching. I tried to turn my head, but I couldn't. And I finally blacked out.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as Andi continued, "Officer Smith and his team found you and were able to get you to the hospital in time. They were so relieved to see that you were alive, but their faces were grim. You were lucky to make it out of there alive." 

I was grateful to Officer Smith and his team had 93 and his giant buddy were also caught in the action. They had misled Officer Smith and his team, which was how I had ended up in that little trouble. I couldn't believe how close I had come to losing my life, but I was grateful to be alive.