1. Pick Your Poison

TW: mentions of drug use, strong language, alcohol, self harm

Drugs, Alcohol and self harm were what kept her at bay, but only until he came back. After all these years of wondering where the asshole was, he's back. It was never love or anything like that, they were young and bestfriends, nothing more. But he left and their friendship withered away and it was his fault, it would never be the same again, i guess she was right... to a certain extent.

I wake up with a gentle yawn and lightly lift my duvet off my perfect body as Maximus my white poodle waddles in and... just kidding, there's no way you really thought I would be up my own arse to call my dog Maximus, fucking Maximus ? No thank you.

Let's start again shall we, I slam my hand on my already broken alarm clock as the noise almost bursts my bloody eardrums. I then groggily check the time and it reads 8:15, I must have pressed snooze a few times.

As I'm about to get out of bed my bedroom door swings open with a bang and in comes my best friend Carmen "MORNING LEE!" I only let out a frustrated sigh in response "Awk come onnn, it's our first day back and you're not even out of bed yet." she says with slight annoyance.

Just as she finishes my mum waltzes by humming a tune catching onto the end of Carmen's sentence, she stops in her tracks " Leona Whitaker you better get your lazy arse up and get in a fucking shower, you smell like literal shit."

That's my mum for you, everyone meet the wonderful Kirsten Whitaker *note the sarcasm* "I'm fucking up alright?" I say with an attitude, I don't really mean it . Can you blame me? it's almost 8:30 in the morning and I'm being dragged out of bed to go to the hell hole that we call school just to sit and do fuck all for 6 hours.

She raises a freshly waxed eyebrow at me and I immediately mumble a sorry, she continues to walk by and carry on with her business.

I roll out of bed and hop in a quick shower, cleaning my body before i shampoo and condition my hair. When i'm done I brush my teeth and dry my hair. I shove on some black baggy ripped jeans and a white halter neck cropped top with a black and grey flannel over my shoulders.

As I walk out my bathroom I see carmen sitting on my bed reading a book. I don't quite notice what book it is until I take a closer look and see its my journal. I march over to my bed and snatch it out of her hands, gritting through my teeth I say "You have no right to be reading that." as I glare at her.

She looks up at me with guilt stricken eyes and starts apologising "I know, I'm sorry I didn't realise what it was until I started reading it." she says so fast I almost can't understand her, "So why the fuck did you keep reading it." I say harshly but she shouldn't be reading through my stuff in the first place. She looks down at her hands and whispers "I just need to know that your okay lee."

Immediately i regret shouting at her, she has every right to be worried, I place my hands in hers and make sure she's looking at me. i let out a shaky breath and water starts to fill my eyes "I'm sorry car. I know you're just looking out for me , but you know It will take time for me to get better, I just can't help It."

I notice a lone tear roll down her cheek and I lift my thumb to wipe it away as she says "You know I'm proud of you Leona, I'm just happy you're still here with me" She takes a breath to compose herself. "I couldn't imagine sitting alone at lunch, that would be so embarrassing" she says with light teasing in her voice which made me laugh through my tears, knowing that's how we first became friends.

it was around the start of high school, lunch time swung around and before you know it I was sitting with my friends at lunch and spotted a girl with blonde hair and golden eyes sitting by herself and playing around with her food, and as she glanced around the room we caught each other's eye

I have no clue why, but I got up with my tray and left my friends to walk over to her, she stared at me with what looked like confusion as I plopped down on the seat across from her and started eating, I forgot to introduce myself but I had already shoved a spoon full of potatoes in my mouth so I tried to say "Oh my names leona by the way." and since then we have been attached at the hip.

"Enough of this sappy shit lets get stoned." I say while I wipe my tears with excitement laced in my voice. "Um yeah no." carmen says with that motherly look she always gives me.

I frown at her "Ugh come on car." I pull a pre rolled joint out of my mints tin and wave it slowly in front of her face "You know you want toooo." I sing and finally a slow smile spreads across her face and that's how I know she's gave in. "Fine fine, but I am not encouraging this." she says. "Mhmm" I say sending a cheeky smile her way.

I see her hand sneak into her back pocket and she pulls out 2 small plastic bags one with a thin white powder and the other with a few small circular tablets. I look at her as she holds the bags up in front of her face "I'm not encouraging this." I say in a mocking tone with a smile on my face. Carmen looks at me with a trouble making glint in her eye "Pick your poison babe."

________________________________________________________________________________

tell me what you think <3

see u later ;)