3. An Unexpected Guest

I wake up to the loud clattering of pots and pans coming from downstairs. What the fuck is happening, "Im so sorry!" My mum says, her voice travelling through the house, who is she talking to? "Lee tell your mum to politely shut the fuck up." Carmen says from beside me rolling back over.

I slowly get out of bed and start walking to the bedroom door making sure the floor doesn't creak until I hear a voice "Its okay Kirsten really".

My body stops moving, my eyes widen and my breath hitches "Lee and carmen should be up by now, you can go check on them if you'd like."

When I tell you I have never ran so fast in my life, I have never ran so fast in my life, I make sure to silently hop back into bed and whisper to Carmen "The fucking devil is here." She slightly jumps and turns to glare at me.

"You scared the shit out of me." She tells me in a loud whisper "LEE!" Carmen and I's head whip to the door "WE HAVE A GUEST!" Carmen turns to me with a panicked expression on her face "Quick get up! Get up!" She speaks in a hushed tone.

"He's not going to come in here Car don't worry" I tell her as I get out of bed and start to get ready while she's running around the room like a fucking lunatic, "What if he does? and I look like shit?" She speaks with disgust.

I slowly turn towards her, my mouth agape, "oh my god, carmen, do you think ethan walker is attractive?" I talk with a teasing tone, she almost gives herself whiplash by how fast she turned to glare at me "No i do not, and if i did, its normal. Im a horny teenage girl." She shrugs, i can't tell who she's trying to convince more, me or her.

"Yeah yeah keep telling yourself that" I say with a small smile on my face "wait your not pissed?" she says in confusion "Everyone has attractions Car, as long as you don't fall for the boy then it's okay."

Im now changed into light blue loose jeans and a plain white fitted tee paired with a grey and white flannel and white shoes. I'm just finishing up my makeup which concludes of concealer to cover my dark circles and some bronzer and blush to add some colour onto my face along with a coat of mascara, right as carmen shouts "HOLY SHIT!" I turn and shes gaping at me, eyes wide , jaw dropped.

Just at that moment the door swings open and standing in the doorway is my mother and Ethan. "Language misses." My mum says to carmen with a disapproving look.

"Sorry." Carmen says with a sheepish smile as she turns toward the mirror to finish her makeup. "What the fuck is he doing here." I say glaring at Ethan. He just stands there with his arms crossed, leaning against the door frame as if he fucking lives here. Who does this boy think he is?

My mum silently scolds me for my language but continues with what she was going to say "Ethan will be staying with us for a bit." She says with a clap of her hands and a shit eating grin on her face.

I face her with my jaw on the floor and then turn to Carmen who has the exact same expression on her face as me. I point my thumb in my mums direction "She's joking right?" I say "Car please tell me shes joking."

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!" Car speaks loudly "I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!" I speak louder. I can see my mum shaking her head. Ethan has now walked into my room and has comfortably planted himself on my bed with a smug look.

"Lee please its only for a little while. I'm sure he can explain why when he's comfortable." my mum speaks with a warm smile directed to Ethan. I look over to him who looks at my mum with a sad glint in his eyes and i suddenly feel bad for the boy.

"Yeah okay, whatever, that's fine." i say with a sigh getting up to put my shoes on, i walk over to where carmen sits on the floor and we give each other a look through the mirror. I know i'm going to regret agreeing to this. It's not really like i have a choice, but still.