[ 💌 - Nightmare Comfort ]

This was a request!

This was a request!

Summary: Oboro comforts you after you have a nightmare.

Warnings: angst but it doesn't last long, lots of fluffy fluff!

☁️ . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ ࿐ྂ

You've done as much as you can to calm down from the unsettling peak that was the nightmare you had mere minutes ago. Breathing exercises, tensing up your muscles and letting go, focusing on something else, naming 5 things you can see, hear, smell and touch, etc. However nothing had calmed you down.

Quite frankly, you could barely even remember what the shattered dream was about, all you could pick up was that it scared your being to an uneasy degree. The degree where you flinch at even minor sounds like the building settling thinking that it's danger.

Normally you could handle nightmares, but this one was bad, and in desperate times like these you shake Oboro awake as lightly as possible since he always knows just what to do. Unfortunately he wasn't home, his agency had called him in to help Aizawa with a stealth mission.

Fun fun. Life truly sucks when you really don't want it to.

Your gaze shifts left and meets the digital clock on Oboro's nightstand. It's shaped like a cloud and the color scheme is blue since it's dark out. He had to leave at around 11 PM, and now it's 2 AM.

That's good, at least. He should be home in a few minutes now, the mission was only supposed to take a few hours.

You had fallen asleep around 11:30, and you woke up from the nightmare around 1 AM. It's by far been one of the worst hours you've ever experienced in your life.

Groan over exaggerated, you lay back down onto the soft and sweaty mattress. The need to get out of your sweat drenched clothes-- the cause being from your nightmare-- was strong, but you were too shaken to even stand.

Settling on the idea of waiting for Oboro to show up, you hug yourself and close your eyes. If you can't see it, it can't see you. Simple as that!

Buzz-buzz!

The notification startled you, but nonetheless you look over to your right, which was where your phone was. A small amount of relief bubbled up inside you when you saw who sent the message. It was Oboro.

-Hey pumpkin. Gonna be home in 5. Love you!

Yep, that was Oboro for you. Even though you'd usually be asleep by now, he always sent small texts like this if he had to be called in late. Normally when you woke up in the morning it would get a chuckle out of you, but right now it felt like you were getting hugged by relief and anxiety at the same time.

-love you too ❤️

You text back and sigh, staring up at the ceiling and focusing on the soothing light emitting off of the digital clock.

-

The doorknob to the bedroom moved, and you panicked for a second before realizing it was Oboro. Holy canoli, you hadn't even heard him come in the house. "I didn't think you would still be up. Everything okay?"

His tone was tired but filled with concern as he wandered over to the closet and slipped out of his hero suit and into pajamas. You couldn't help the smile that graced your features despite your mind working overtime to protect you from nothing.

"No, had a nightmare. I tried everything to calm me down, but nothing worked.." You mumble, yawning as Oboro nods in understanding. "Wanna hug?"

"Yes.." You sit up, but he gently places you back down onto the pillow with a smile. "Ah-ah. Don't do any more working. I've got you." With that, Oboro finally lays down and adjusts himself before turning you around and pressing you into his chest.

You exhale all of the air you didn't even know you were holding into his chest as you wrap your arms around him the best you can.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks, pressing a soft kiss atop your forehead. "Well.. Hell, I don't even remember what it was about.." You reply, earning a small laugh from Oboro. "Alright, don't push yourself."

A hand snakes its way to your back to rub firm but light circles on it to help soothe you, and a comfortable silence embraces you two. It was euphoric almost. Just a moment ago you were scared and on the brink of snapping, but now you were tired and melting into Oboro's arms.

You were ready to knock yourself out and all of that crying had exhausted you.

"Is my sweetheart getting tired?" He teases, resting his chin on your head. You nod as best as possible feeling your eyelids getting heavy. "Mhm. Just focus on how.. you're safe here in my arms. I've got you. Nothing outside of this bed matters." He mumbles, closing his eyes too.

You hum, starting to feel yourself drift off to dreamland once again. "Hey, pumpkin. Before you pass out, I want to let you know that I'll always be here for you and.. no matter what happens.. at the end of the day, I just want to make you smile again."

His grip on you got tighter as you felt the hand embracing your back leave for a moment, though it was only to pull the blanket up higher to prevent the pesky cool air from stealing your warmth.

"I know stuff like this can be hard, and most of the time I won't care how ya deal with it." Oboro's tone was more on the serious side of things, though it was still kind. "But, sweetie, if the way you deal with bad nightmares is me and my comfort.. then never be afraid to call me or hit me up."

You blink a few times before opening your mouth to speak but Oboro already knew what you were about to say. "You won't interrupt me at work either. I love and care about you. You know that, right?"

You nod.

He smiles. "It doesn't matter what's happening or where I am, my first priority is your wellbeing. And I have never even got close to the thought of you bothering me." He adjusts so he can cup your face, "I love you, and I always will. If you ever feel like this again, tell me. Alright?"

You nod again as Oboro gives you a quick peck on the forehead. "Get some sleep, sweetheart. You deserve it after such an exhausting night." You mumble something he can't hear at all before he feels you go limp in his arms as sleep overtakes you.

With one last tight hug, Oboro passes out as well.