Pg 1

"Запустить! Зомби идут!"

The faint screams of mother and children could be heard as the fathers could be herding yelling over the crowd as the old wailed for help. Everyone was being shoved and pushed, but the inevitable doom was here. We played ignorant and we ignored the consequences, now we were paying for our foolish mistakes. Mistakes we made. I watch the crowd scramble to get away from safety and I look over to my younger siblings.

"Будет безопасно, брат?"

I shake my head as I walk over to them and I wrap my arms around the three small bodies and I kiss each of them on their foreheads. All three of them look at me with teary eyes and I smile at them.

"Ты будешь в безопасности."

In my words my siblings cried out in protest, but it was already too late. I let go of them as I grab the oldest of the group and I go back to the edge of the building as I look over the crowd. I knew they would be safe. I can only hope for their safety.

"Позаботьтесь о двух других."

The command was simple enough, but I doubt the child would remember it as I'm sure the group of three will be separated in the crowd. I kiss the child's head and then I throw them into the crowd and I watch as people catch the child and the people who caught my sibling look up to the rooftops and find me. They look at me confused, but I don't care as I fetch the second oldest and I wish them luck before throwing them off of the rooftop and watching them be caught by the crowd. I go to the youngest and I pick them up and they wrap their arms around me tightly as they sob into my neck.

"Dush dush ish."

Her broken sobs break my heart as I hear her broken English, but I don't spare a second thought as I pull her off of me and throw her into the waiting crowd. I watch them catch her and with one final look back at me the crowd leaves in a frenzy. As I watch them slowly disappear, I sink to my knees and I wrap my arms around myself as I let out a cry. I couldn't believe I was going to throw them off the building to kill them and not save them. If it wasn't for the human part of my brain I surely would've killed them by now.

I cry a few more tears before wiping my eyes and I rise to my feet as I look down at the ground. I have to prepare. With that thought in my mind I go to the stairwell that leads to the roof and I walk down the stairs as my heart was beating erratically for what was to come. When I reached the second floor of the apartment building I opened the metal door and it creaked under the pressure. I cringe at the sound as I walk down the fairly lit hallway and I scan the plate numbers as I reminisce of the memories here. These people were my family for as long as I could remember since I ran away from the orphanage with my siblings in my hands. It was cruel of me to rip them the experience of having an actual family, but I couldn't part from them. They were my life and I swore to our parents that I would take care of them until they came back. But, they died five years back and the kids were my responsibility.