Pg 5

The Hunter stops before the hole I was in and my eyes meet his. I froze in complete panic as I could only hope that he didn't see me. I try to make myself smaller in the hole as I watch the Hunter pull out his gun and without thinking, humanely, I lunge forward out of the hole and I latch onto the Hunter's leg as I dig my teeth through his pants. The fabric of the pants was suffocating me, but I was fighting for my life so I pushed forward as I could feel a liquid dripping into my mouth and before I pull away a blunt object hits me in the head making me let go of the Hunter's leg and I back up as the Hunter screams.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! You just fucking bit me! I'm going to fucking kill you before I'm turned!"

The Hunter holds the gun to my head and I shake my head desperately as tears fall down my cheeks as I look up at him. My throat itches as I wanted to tell him I was sorry, but I couldn't. I was useless. I was stupid. I am stupid.

I squeeze my eyes shut as the Hunter pulls back the trigger of the gun and then he releases and I feel a searing pain in my ear as my ears ring. I wanted to let out a cry, but I couldn't as I clutched my ear and hung my head as my body trembled and I felt like vomiting as I felt simultaneously cold and hot. I felt extremely sick to my stomach as I bit down on my lip.

"Get up."

I get up at the Hunter's command and I sway side to side before balancing myself and I close my eyes for a brief moment before opening them. Bile rose to my throat and I choked it down as I looked anywhere but the Hunter.

"You fucked me over kid, got it?"

I do my head weakly as I wipe my tears away and sniggle silently as I ball my hands and hold them close to my chest to comfort me.

"But, it was my stupid ass that got me infected. You clearly wanted to get away and I didn't let you. But, you bit me and I'm not going to forget that. So, you're going to take me wherever the fuck you were going to go. I'm not going to get my men infected because anymore of my stupid mistakes and I'm sure you were going somewhere important, right?"

I grab the Hunter's hand as I lead us further into the sewage system.

The walk was silent with the drips of the water hitting the concrete and echoing throughout the rest of the sewage system, but I didn't mind. I wasn't up for much conversation, not that I could speak even if I wanted to. The whole idea of speaking had my throat itching and I just didn't like the idea at all.

"There's barely any water in here...I thought it would be overflowing with water..."