Pg 6

I look at the Hunter and make a face before continuing to tug him along and I shrug my shoulders. After Day 0 of the zombie apocalypse they had drained the city's water and those who were wealthy enough fled with all the food and water in hopes of making it last; even if it meant boiling and sanitizing the sewage water. Day 0 was a desperate time as uncertainty was in the air as well as fear and dread. Many were left behind as many couldn't afford to go to the safe house and the rich had made a promise to come back to kill those who had survived long enough and eat them for food. Everyone was in a frenzy after that and either left the city or barricaded their 'safe' house. It was cruel and unforgivable.

Things couldn't have gotten any worse, but they did when North America had sent out their 'troops' of the Hunters. The Hunters were trained into combat and defense and were taught to be merciless. They kill on sight, but I guess the Hunter group I had run into had different rules to it and maybe they had morals.

It didn't matter though because North America had burdened everyone with these savages and brutes as they relished in their safe haven as everyone else was suffering.

When the zombie outbreak happened North America washit last and by that time they were ready for it. They had isolated those who were infected and killed them. They were the only ones, along with Canada and South America, who were not infested with the dreaded zombies and they weren't taking any survivors, but killing them. North America was always known for its ideology of, 'only the smartest and strongest will live enough to see the next day.' They were a corrupt government run by the millionaires and billionaires as they let those who could not sustain a roof over their head to die.

So why was I helping the Hunter?

I stop momentarily and the Hunter behind me bumps into me, but my body didn't move as if it was frozen in time. Here was this Hunter willing to kill me without any questions and now that I have the chance to kill him I'm helping him and I don't know why. I could abandon him or take one of his weapons and kill him. I didn't really want to, but deep down he is still human.

He was human.

I tighten my hold on Hunter's wrist as I go back to dragging him to the place where I was heading off to and he doesn't say anything and wordlessly follows me. I don't know what he's thinking, but I can only hope that his head wasn't filled with any thoughts of killing me after he was cured.

Time was going by slowly and the further we walked in the sewage system the foggier it was getting and the darker it was getting. The Hunter had gone to turn on his torch, but I had stopped him while shaking my head. The person who awaits for my arrival will not pleased to know i had brought a Hunter with me and it will take a long convincing conversation with them and with the Hunter holding out a light source will not help the convincing as the person was sensitive to light and would rather spend her days in the dark than bask in the sunlight.